Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
john-l229-1299229_478x359.jpg

Donoghue is expecting another stern test from Spurs

PUBLISHED
10:00 17th January 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s strange playing a team so quickly after the previous game, but we want to focus on what we do both in defence and attack in order to win the game"
John Donoghue
Albion women welcome Tottenham back to Withdean for the second time in as many weeks for a crunch league match.
Head coach John Donoghue is anticipating another tough test against a Spurs side that twice came back from behind as the Seagulls secured a hard-fought 3-2 victory in the FA Cup last Sunday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Spurs look to get forward quickly through their striker and I can imagine they will play a similar style on Sunday.
“It’s strange playing a team so quickly after the previous game, but we want to focus on what we do both in defence and attack in order to win the game.*
“It was an exciting match last week, and I believe we controlled the pace of the game well, scoring a great goal from Tammy in the first half.
“But we looked like we hadn’t played for a while and didn’t get the ball forward as quickly as I would have liked. We also need to work on creating more goal-scoring opportunities."
Kim Whitcombe could be recalled to the squad after recovering from a knee injury, while Charley Boswell and Charlotte Owen are both doubtful with quad and hamstring concerns respectively.
Paula Howells is available for selection after signing senior forms and could make her first-team debut this weekend.
The game kicks-off at 1pm on Sunday and there is free entry for season-ticket holders and under-16s, while admission for non-season ticket holders is £2.
The fixture will also be streamed live via the club's official YouTube channel on seagulls.co.uk.*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here