Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter whats it all about?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Lazy lazy arguements. Sounds like you're following the wrong people or have never used it properly.

If you crave information about things, hobbies, art, film etc, it's great. Find the right people and you can enjoy twitter and easily avoid the idiots.

This. if you are not interested in what Stephen Fry had for breakfast, don't follow Stephen Fry.

If you are working in, say, criminology, you can follow eminent criminologists to keep abreast of what is going on, find out if something is worth reading etc.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
This is precisely why I didn't 'find out';
They expected you to join first!

Hou can't stalk, er, follow anyone, unless you sign up!

It's generally good banter, and a great way to share opinions on events as they happen, and shaming corporate jobsworth's into doing the right thing..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never done it, visited it, been on it,down loaded it! WTF is it and does it have a purpose,the only time i hear about it is when some complete trunk seems to show a huge about of people that he is a complete trunk:ffsparr: Any others that don't tweet????

I think you would like twitter, I am new to it and TBH I didn't understand it 2 months back, but I think it's great for football info and silly pictures.

i use twitter as a brilliant outlet for up to date information. I remember last year being stuck on a coach in a jam on the m4 and not knowing why. I placed my junction number in the search box and found someone had tweeted the details of a fire holding things up about a mile away. I then had some friendly exchanges with said chap to relieve the boredom whilst waiting for us to move.

I also like following guinness boy on twitter because his sarcasm knows no bounds.

and you put the fire out?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As Halifax Home Insurance are finding at this very moment. It takes five minutes to get connected to them by phone. My angry tweet got a response from Halifax in three minutes.

Had the same with AA. Had a genuine complaint that they were ignoring, and even on twitter at first they ignoring me yet immediately responding to positives tweets. Did get it sorted quicker sticking it on Twitter though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You've clearly never used it and I'm saying with a resounding "No it isn't!"

I use it a lot for networking with other football coaches, sharing training sessions amongst other things.

I'm such a bellend sometimes. Sorry [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]

Ha ha, no worries mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here