edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I did not know that, no.

I shall have to look into that.

If you hover your cursor over the top right hand side of a chosen status update you will see a drop-down arrow. Click on that and it will give you the option not to see their updates. They won't get any notification saying you've done so either.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Twitter today informed me of the omnishambles at Balcombe ensuring I "worked" from home before enduring too much train annoyance, has kept me far more informed about the Grabban transfer than anyone on here, led to at least half of today's views on the blog (proving its use as a marketing tool) and given me the joys of #VictorianFacebook

Twiiter is like sex. If it's a pain in the a**e you're doing it wrong.

Jan 30, 2008
twitter today informed me of the omnishambles at balcombe ensuring i "worked" from home before enduring too much train annoyance, has kept me far more informed about the grabban transfer than anyone on here, led to at least half of today's views on the blog (proving its use as a marketing tool) and given me the joys of #victorianfacebook

twiiter is like sex. If it's a pain in the a**e you're doing it wrong.
so we just need to use some lubrication ???
regards
DR

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
A chap I know was installing some aerials and cables at FFS Murray's house a few months back. Murray was having some real issues with BT and wasn't getting anywhere complaining down the phone.

The chap's advice?

"Send some derogatory tweets and copy BT's Twitter handle. If you've got a healthy fan-base on Twitter (which Murray has) then they will get in touch straight away as their reputation is instantly being knocked in front of thousands of people."

I checked Murray's tweets after the chap left and he did just that and BT immediately tweeted him saying they were going to send an engineer to his house.

twitter today informed me of the omnishambles at balcombe ensuring i "worked" from home before enduring too much train annoyance, has kept me far more informed about the grabban transfer than anyone on here, led to at least half of today's views on the blog (proving its use as a marketing tool) and given me the joys of #victorianfacebook

twiiter is like sex. If it's a pain in the a**e you're doing it wrong.

But safer if you don't do it at all:moo:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Twitter today informed me of the omnishambles at Balcombe ensuring I "worked" from home before enduring too much train annoyance, has kept me far more informed about the Grabban transfer than anyone on here, led to at least half of today's views on the blog (proving its use as a marketing tool) and given me the joys of #VictorianFacebook

Twiiter is like sex. If it's a pain in the a**e you're doing it wrong.

I'm with Guinness Boy. :thumbsup: Not literally with him you understand :blush:

a chap i know was installing some aerials and cables at ffs murray's house a few months back. Murray was having some real issues with bt and wasn't getting anywhere complaining down the phone.

The chap's advice?

"send some derogatory tweets and copy bt's twitter handle. If you've got a healthy fan-base on twitter (which murray has) then they will get in touch straight away as their reputation is instantly being knocked in front of thousands of people."

i checked murray's tweets after the chap left and he did just that and bt immediately tweeted him saying they were going to send an engineer to his house.

So the class system is to be replaced by the twitter system,we are all equal but some have more followers than others:rolleyes:

One of the best things about twitter.

If a company's messing you around, you can make it very public and they will be forced to act swiftly.
As Halifax Home Insurance are finding at this very moment. It takes five minutes to get connected to them by phone. My angry tweet got a response from Halifax in three minutes.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I use Twitter as a brilliant outlet for up to date information. I remember last year being stuck on a coach in a jam on the M4 and not knowing why. I placed my junction number in the search box and found someone had tweeted the details of a fire holding things up about a mile away. I then had some friendly exchanges with said chap to relieve the boredom whilst waiting for us to move.

I also like following Guinness Boy on twitter because his sarcasm knows no bounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here