Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter whats it all about?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let us know when you're on twitter, Rev.

I can't wait to subscribe to more inane drivel, particularly the bits about what a great fan you were in 1984. You can also post irrelevant and boring pics of yourself as an adolescent in tight shorts, you'll be pleased to know.

Complain about a company's service on Twitter, and they get in touch immediately to sort out the problem. No company can afford to get a reputation for not resolving customer complaints. It's the fear of the viral retweet that makes this work.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's far better than Facebook in many ways, a major one being that you don't have to endure all the utter shit that people Share via Facebook (you know, the sort of "Only 5% care enough about kittens being fed to asylum seekers to Share, if you don't, you deserve to die" etc). You can just unfollow them, or block retweets from them.

As an example of Facebook's increasing awfulness, somebody I know posted joyfully last week that her two year old had just done her first poo in the toilet. People can be dull enough anyway when it comes to posting about their kids, but FFS, that takes it to a whole new level. I'm actually embarrassed for her. Mark Zuckerberg should weep with shame in the knowledge that his creation is now being used by the Mummy-bores of this world to regale us with their beloved offspring's defecating habits.

Twitter? You just don't have to endure all that.

it's far better than facebook in many ways, a major one being that you don't have to endure all the utter shit that people share via facebook (you know, the sort of "only 5% care enough about kittens being fed to asylum seekers to share, if you don't, you deserve to die" etc). You can just unfollow them, or block retweets from them.

As an example of facebook's increasing awfulness, somebody i know posted joyfully last week that her two year old had just done her first poo in the toilet. People can be dull enough anyway when it comes to posting about their kids, but ffs, that takes it to a whole new level. I'm actually embarrassed for her. Mark zuckerberg should weep with shame in the knowledge that his creation is now being used by the mummy-bores of this world to regale us with their beloved offspring's defecating habits.

Its better than facebook,WELL THAT'S OK THEN:facepalm:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Never done it, visited it, been on it,down loaded it! WTF is it and does it have a purpose,the only time i hear about it is when some complete trunk seems to show a huge about of people that he is a complete trunk:ffsparr: Any others that don't tweet????

It's a marketing/pr tool, hijacked by fools and incompetents.

Next question.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't realise you knew my sister. Small world.

The idea that there may be another parent this tedious around is worrying.

Someone should tell them that every human craps. Even the Queen. It's not worth a Facebook update.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The idea that there may be another parent this tedious around is worrying.

Someone should tell them that every human craps. Even the Queen. It's not worth a Facebook update.

Yes, but this was a DEBUT crap.

In a TOILET!

#proud

Jan 30, 2008
It's far better than Facebook in many ways, a major one being that you don't have to endure all the utter shit that people Share via Facebook (you know, the sort of "Only 5% care enough about kittens being fed to asylum seekers to Share, if you don't, you deserve to die" etc). You can just unfollow them, or block retweets from them.

As an example of Facebook's increasing awfulness, somebody I know posted joyfully last week that her two year old had just done her first poo in the toilet. People can be dull enough anyway when it comes to posting about their kids, but FFS, that takes it to a whole new level. I'm actually embarrassed for her. Mark Zuckerberg should weep with shame in the knowledge that his creation is now being used by the Mummy-bores of this world to regale us with their beloved offspring's defecating habits.

it couldn't get any better than face book what a load of bollocks that is, the art of having a face to face conversion is dying a sad and sorry state to be in in my book , oh well speak to someone face to face soon
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it couldn't get any better than face book what a load of bollocks that is, the art of having a face to face conversion is dying sad and sorry state to be in my book , oh well speak to someone face to face soon
regards
DR

...said the man on the Internet forum.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Are you aware that you can switch off updates from certain people without defriending them on FB? Sounds like this could be useful for you.

I'm of the age where a lot of my friends are having kids. "Yes, I understand that you are proud of your little miracle but you haven't half turned into a boring c***."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you aware that you can switch off updates from certain people without defriending them on FB? Sounds like this could be useful for you.

I'm of the age where a lot of my friends are having kids. "Yes, I understand that you are proud of your little miracle but you haven't half turned into a boring c***."

I did not know that, no.

I shall have to look into that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Complain about a company's service on Twitter, and they get in touch immediately to sort out the problem. No company can afford to get a reputation for not resolving customer complaints. It's the fear of the viral retweet that makes this work.

One of the best things about twitter.

If a company's messing you around, you can make it very public and they will be forced to act swiftly.

nope. Nsc is a community forum, a place for supposedly likeminded individuals to share ideas.

Twitter's main purpose is as a marketing tool and a very effective one it is to.

But if we are all like minded what original ideas can we share,as soon as someone comes up with something out of the box its non believer!!!!!!!!!!!! Stone him! Type of thing goes on!
Shit who threw that?:wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here