Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter whats it all about?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Lazy lazy arguements. Sounds like you're following the wrong people or have never used it properly.

If you crave information about things, hobbies, art, film etc, it's great. Find the right people and you can enjoy twitter and easily avoid the idiots.

Correct !

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Good for following news feeds; checking out what people are saying about certain issues/events; following specific opinion formers who can provide links to some interesting content

Avoid idiots with half a brain cell; people that want to tell you what they are buying in the supermarket; anyone who is unable to string 140 characters together without resorting to text speak or expletives.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Its main purpose is to give people who are not comfortable with the modern world something new to complain about, now that they have come to terms with other new-fangled developments such as running water ("ridiculous, nothing wrong with a well.."), the telephone ("can't see the point myself... I'm very happy with a carrier pigeon, or it's urgent, sending a letter"), electric light ("If God had meant us to see in the dark, he wouldn't have set up the rotation of the earth...), email (..see comments above re telephones), etc etc

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Never done it, visited it, been on it,down loaded it! WTF is it and does it have a purpose,the only time i hear about it is when some complete trunk seems to show a huge about of people that he is a complete trunk:ffsparr: Any others that don't tweet????

Glad it's not just me, then!

Couldn't give a toss about reading the inane drivel of some 'celebrity' informing their dumb drone 'followers' that they've just had a sandwich or a crap!

I don't tweet, and very rarely text.

Tweeting /texting seems to have produced a generation which spends every minute of the day and night staring down at their phone (and ignoring real people in real life who are a metre away from them), walking round like zombies, and permamently 'waggling' their thumbs.

Genuinely believe that 'social media' is producing a generation of retards.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
When you pop into town at night and see six youngsters sitting in a pub together all on their phones are they keeping up with the arts/films and such like? Or are they following tommy fraser?:moo:

Exactly!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
When you pop into town at night and see six youngsters sitting in a pub together all on their phones are they keeping up with the arts/films and such like? Or are they following tommy fraser?:moo:

They're probably reading your posts on NSC.
:moo:
Twitter is just another type of forum, open to all, and is easier to filter out people who post all the time, unlike NSC.

Slim Boy Fat

Dec 30, 2013
Love the conflict between those who do and those who don't. It's simply another communication tool, which is very definable by the user. Follow who you want. If you think it is about celebrities and their bodily functions then you don't understand or aren't using it properly. Give it go - it is eye opening. This is the 21st century you know and you can define the subjects you wish to view. The transfer market is an interesting subject for example.

#bhafc #keepup

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Most of you that don’t like Twitter are simply doing it wrong. As an example, lets take the Albion

Following Andy Naylor has given me frequent updates on Grabban and El Abd this week without trawling 20 page threads on NSC as well as THAT photo of El Abd’s leg injury. Likewise NSC’s twitter feed has kept up to date on the same stories as well as the fan reaction. BHA Snappy’s feed gives excellent pictures of the players, stadium and training ground development. Follow not worth that for some great blogs on the Albion and the official Albion website for team news, match updates and the like on match days (they can do one on the women’s team updates though) Even following NSC’s Greg Wood gives a 100 reply binfest on Fixed odds betting terminals. There’s plenty more out there. What’s not to like?

Unlike Facebook its not choc full of pictures of other peoples kids and if it is, just unfollow. It’s a great way of keeping up to date with things you are interested in. Besides which its a bit pot / kettle posting on NSC along the lines of 'All this computer stuff is a bit sad'

Most of you that don’t like Twitter are simply doing it wrong. As an example, lets take the Albion

Following Andy Naylor has given me frequent updates on Grabban and El Abd this week without trawling 20 page threads on NSC as well as THAT photo of El Abd’s leg injury. Likewise NSC’s twitter feed has kept up to date on the same stories as well as the fan reaction. BHA Snappy’s feed gives excellent pictures of the players, stadium and training ground development. Follow not worth that for some great blogs on the Albion and the official Albion website for team news, match updates and the like on match days (they can do one on the women’s team updates though) Even following NSC’s Greg Wood gives a 100 reply binfest on Fixed odds betting terminals. There’s plenty more out there. What’s not to like?

Unlike Facebook its not choc full of pictures of other peoples kids and if it is, just unfollow. It’s a great way of keeping up to date with things you are interested in. Besides which its a bit pot / kettle posting on NSC along the lines of 'All this computer stuff is a bit sad'

This with bells on!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
...and another thing. For those criticising Twitter & those who use it and then go posting on here, really REALLY need to take a long hard look at what they are doing when they type their responses!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Makes famous people seem more like me and you (they're not).

Makes people like me and you think we're famous (we're not).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its mostly a shorter form of Facebook, same inanity but much more succinct.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Can't really improve on this. If you don't want to read about Brighton being linked to Ronaldo etc don't follow any of the pathetic transfer source accounts. Twitter is absolutely nothing like Facebook, which is a complete load of shite. Follow the things you like and that is all you will read about, it's a scandalously straight forward media tool which is fully customizable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are good Twitter feeds for traffic & weather reports which is where I read the A23 news this morning. I also follow the bus & train twitter accounts to let me know if I can get to or from work.
Like any tool, it can be very useful or rubbish depending on how you use it.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I find it amusing that here are a bunch of people posting comments on the internet ridiculing people that post comments on the internet.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's one of the many new versions of communication that humans have devised to exercise one of their greatest capacities -- that is communication itself -- and, of the little that I know about it, it is one of the best of these new versions. Try it. You might like it. What were you saying, thinking, or who were you asking before you decided to use NSC? I'd suggest that you're probably in a similar situation now vis-a-vis Twitter, as you were in Nov 2008 with NSC. But, then again, I might be wrong.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Lazy lazy arguements. Sounds like you're following the wrong people or have never used it properly.

If you crave information about things, hobbies, art, film etc, it's great. Find the right people and you can enjoy twitter and easily avoid the idiots.

I suspect that you need to take the context of the question, when interpreting Commander's comments here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here