Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Austrailia v England 2nd ODI ss2 now

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Cook is a complete idiot, Bopara 5 overs at 3.80 and Stokes had 5 6's hit off him in the closing overs. If Cook was a sub continent captain there would be an inquiry into match fixing.

I said an hour ago why we weren't bowling Ravi. He then came on, bowled well but was overlooked for the expensive Stokes. Ravi got a wicket too! Ugh. Disgraceful, 7-0 and Aus fully deserve it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the situation had been reversed and we needed 50 odd with the last wicket pair at the crease, what would we do ? probably nudge and nurdle and hope for Wides and Byes and probably fall 30 runs short. In that situation Faulkner played positively as there was nothing to lose and upset the odds. That is the difference between them and us.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Dreadful captaincy.

Couldn't agree more. Stokes is getting mullered all over the park trying to bowl Yorkers while we have Bopara ready to slide the ball in taking the pace off etc. Oh and Jordan with an over up his sleeve, good enough to open to Finch and Warner then good enough to bowl at the death. We bottled it again but saying that the best team won again

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Cook out - he's got no runs in two massively long series now and his captaincy is just ****ing awful.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not sure how much more of this Cook can take. He comes over as a nice chap plus he used to be able to bat too but leading from the front and the other aspects of captaincy elude him. I think he should be quietly told to do the decent thing and quit as captain then try to bounce back as a batsman.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh my.... turned off to watch the tennis thinking it was in the bag... Laugh or cry... What a SHAMBLES. :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cook out - he's got no runs in two massively long series now and his captaincy is just ****ing awful.

I'm not sure how much more of this Cook can take. He comes over as a nice chap plus he used to be able to bat too but leading from the front and the other aspects of captaincy elude him. I think he should be quietly told to do the decent thing and quit as captain then try to bounce back as a batsman.

Cook is a World class batsman, but a toilet cleaner as a captain.

Cook isn't the captain, is he?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Speechless.

Me too. Stunned.

McKay came in with 6 overs to go, and we conspired to bowl just 9 balls at him. We stifled the scoring then suddenly started bowling short to Faulkner. It was unbelievably stupid and naive of England tactically. Again as so many times before thinking the game was won before the job was actually completed. They still needed 57 when McKay came in, 244-9 and we f*cked it up. Unbelievable. I tricked myself into believing we might actually win. I felt sick toward the end.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here