Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Austrailia v England 2nd ODI ss2 now

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
were loose
sea i where wright.

This tour has been farcical, its reached a point now where I don't want them to win. A few victories might paper over the cracks to a small extent, at least TOTAL humiliation will require a rethink of our approach and freshening up of a team that's gone over the top.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cook says
"Its an emotional dressing room now, but when we look at it tomorrow morning we will see we did a lot of good things, but the last few overs were not so good. Proud of the way the lads stuck in, but we couldn't pull it off unfortunately. We showed how close we were today, and like I said it took an amazing innings to beat us."

Is he on drugs!!?? Man the hell up. That was a shocking defeat in which you f*cked up tactically thinking the game was done at 244-9. We showed how close we were today; what, that the Aussies could have their no.9 and no.11 in with 6 overs left needing 57 and still beat us with balls to spare!? This shows how far behind we are Cook, not how bloody close we are...

Where is his anger and passion!? We've lost every bloody game against them, and he's saying how close we are!? He's now frigging deluded. His captaincy is fast becoming an embarrassment with press comments like these, let alone his performances with the bat, and his tactical ineptitude.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I haven't watched any of this tour since the 4th Test but I think I'll have a look at the highlights tonight. I mean it had to almost be funny didn't it?

And to think Faulkner can't make their test side. Good bowler, destructive batsman, looks like he's the one to replace Watson when he quits.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Cook says
"Its an emotional dressing room now, but when we look at it tomorrow morning we will see we did a lot of good things, but the last few overs were not so good. Proud of the way the lads stuck in, but we couldn't pull it off unfortunately. We showed how close we were today, and like I said it took an amazing innings to beat us."

Is he on drugs!!?? Man the hell up. That was a shocking defeat in which you f*cked up tactically thinking the game was done at 244-9. We showed how close we were today; what, that the Aussies could have their no.9 and no.11 in with 6 overs left needing 57 and still beat us with balls to spare!? This shows how far behind we are Cook, not how bloody close we are...

Where is his anger and passion!? We've lost every bloody game against them, and he's saying how close we are!? He's now frigging deluded. His captaincy is fast becoming an embarrassment with press comments like these, let alone his performances with the bat, and his tactical ineptitude.

You know better than this though. He'd be equally damned if he started calling players out in public and giving them a piece of his mind a la Di Canio. That is the last post of a captain/ manager that's lost the dressing room in any sport. We must have all learnt not to pay any attention to what sporting figures say in interviews now, it's all meaningless mumbo jumbo. That's the purpose of their media training.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If the situation had been reversed and we needed 50 odd with the last wicket pair at the crease, what would we do ? probably nudge and nurdle and hope for Wides and Byes and probably fall 49 runs short. In that situation Faulkner played positively as there was nothing to lose and upset the odds. That is the difference between them and us.
fyp - apart from that I entirely agree :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You know better than this though. He'd be equally damned if he started calling players out in public and giving them a piece of his mind a la Di Canio. That is the last post of a captain/ manager that's lost the dressing room in any sport. We must have all learnt not to pay any attention to what sporting figures say in interviews now, it's all meaningless mumbo jumbo. That's the purpose of their media training.

He doesn't have to issue a tirade against his team, or pick anyone out, I just mean show you're upset about it. Tell us that it's difficult to find positives when we've been beaten again. I do know better, but to say "we showed how close we were today" is frankly insulting to all our intelligence. The match may have been close, but we aren't. It sounds deluded and desperate. I don't pay too much attention to it, but certain interviews do reveal a state of mind.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He doesn't have to issue a tirade against his team, or pick anyone out, I just mean show you're upset about it. Tell us that it's difficult to find positives when we've been beaten again. I do know better, but to say "we showed how close we were today" is frankly insulting to all our intelligence. The match may have been close, but we aren't. It sounds deluded and desperate. I don't pay too much attention to it, but certain interviews do reveal a state of mind.

I'd imagine he is desperate. As I said up above, I stopped watching after the 4th Test on this tour and I've watched some serious horror shows from England through the years and always derived enjoyment from it. This series NOTHING. I shudder to think where his confidence and morale are at. I really don't know how you lift yourself from this.

To be fair to him, the thrust of what he said makes a bit of sense. They've been ritually humiliated by the boys in canary yellow all tour. It must have felt a bit better to at least get close to them.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd imagine he is desperate. As I said up above, I stopped watching after the 4th Test on this tour and I've watched some serious horror shows from England through the years and always derived enjoyment from it. This series NOTHING. I shudder to think where his confidence and morale are at. I really don't know how you lift yourself from this.

To be fair to him, the thrust of what he said makes a bit of sense. They've been ritually humiliated by the boys in canary yellow all tour. It must have felt a bit better to at least get close to them.

Yes, it might make sense, but it's completely the wrong way for him to be presenting it. He could be saying "we showed today that even when we play well, we've got to work even harder to get the wins. We cannot take any positives from the game because we lost from a winning position, but we can look at the things we did well and try to improve...".

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes, it might make sense, but it's completely the wrong way for him to be presenting it. He could be saying "we showed today that even when we play well, we've got to work even harder to get the wins. We cannot take any positives from the game because we lost from a winning position, but we can look at the things we did well and try to improve...".

Fair enough, maybe you should be handling the media training!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Unreal , seriously , wtf .

One good bit of news Sussex re sign Arafat for the T20 this summer , if only he was English .

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What's Cook going to say today, it's showed how close we are!? He's bloody clueless, defensive fields with the 8 wickets in hand needing 90 off 150 balls, you don't think it's wickets we need captain!!?? Why aren't we trying someone else as ODI captain? I'd drop Cook altogether give someone else a go and take Cook out of the firing line altogether. I don't get anything England are doing at present.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here