Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing at a football match

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Nothing like a good **** now and again. Gets the old heart beating and the blood pumping.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We need more songs with swear words in them, that'll show 'em

Sanitised football can **** right off.

Agreed. I cannot see how a few thousand people singing a song with a swear word is less offensive than just one person doing it. So, one out - All out. It is a completely ridiculous ruling and enforcement by the stewards.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
To save spoiling future days out why don't you practice expressing your anger in ways that will not offend Stewards and other people who do get tired of people swearing all the time?

I do see the OPs point but rules are rules

Exactly,
there is absolutely nothing in the ground regulations about standing there with your knob hanging out and this would serve as more of a silent protest at bad penalty decisions.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thing is, some of us have to act calm and professional I'm our jobs all week long and it's nice to let loose for them 90 minutes. I don't swear too much unless the ref is a wanker or the other team are dirty northern *******s. Sometimes if I'm really angry I shout FOR FLUCK SAKE :blush:

Edit: how is wanker allowed on here and not baaaarstards?!
And tw@t is not allowed with an a and not the @.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Why are stewards such dicks? I know there are a lot of decent ones at the Amex vs the Withdean Bouncers. But they do have a high percentage of power loving, small cock syndrome, fat bald angry agro types, in proportion to other professions.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Why are stewards such dicks? I know there are a lot of decent ones at the Amex vs the Withdean Bouncers. But they do have a high percentage of power loving, small cock syndrome, fat bald angry agro types, in proportion to other professions.

Kiddy with the pinched nose in n1c is a complete nob, the second u stand up he's telling u to sit down

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Exactly,
there is absolutely nothing in the ground regulations about standing there with your knob hanging out and this would serve as more of a silent protest at bad penalty decisions.

You have a valid point but what about our female supporters?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

Are they dicks though? Or Is it because you don't like being told off because you can't behave for 90 minutes? Nothing wrong with the ones at The Amex, especially this season! Remember they are Barber's pawns and they only act upon what the club tell them!
I've only had one unsavoury incident with a steward and that was at Withdean but he later apologised quite rightly for being a dick! I haven't seen him since and from what I can tell the stewards are friendly enough...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Strange isn't it? Today swearing is almost de rigueur if you're a stand-up comedian and is now commonplace on TV with the 'F' word far more common than 'bloody' was in the 1970s. Yet if you swear at a football match nowadays you're far more likely to get ejected and banned as opposed to being offered a series on Channel 4.

Like others I can understand a zero-tolerance policy in the Family Stand, but in the North Stand it should be compulsory. Any **** who thinks that swearing has no place in modern football culture can **** right off and watch tennis instead, we don't want or need ***** like you. I'm pleased to see that the good stewards (like Champion 7) don't have a problem with it. Perhaps he can have a word with some of the other wankers?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It won't be long before there'll be ....

No more "The referee's a wanker!" it'll be "The referee's a spoil sport!"
No more "You're shit arrrghhhhhhhhhh" it'll have to be "you're not very good, arrrrrggghhhh"
and instead of "who the f*ck, who the f*ck, who the f*cking hell are you?" it'll have to be "Who on Earth, who on Earth, who on God's green Earth are you?"

And it would be a lot more pleasant to hear 25,000 voices chanting .... "would you jolly well go home palace!" :rolleyes:

or "get into them, Hurt them a wee bit"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here