Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benefits Street Channel 4

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
why does the Unite Union feel the need to protest outside the offices of the production company involved?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What Romanians? Where are they?

That's right, still in Romania. The only flood we had on January 1st was a Noah's Ark style one, rather than a metaphorical one. Perhaps the Goverment would be better off securing us against real threats rather than perceived ones.
yes , because they were all going to turn up on january 1st werent they ? the day after a massive pissup and a bank holiday all over europe :facepalm:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Must have been awful for you, imagine living close to people living in such cramped conditions, you poor thing.

I can sympathise with you though, I had to get the bus the other day, it was full of poor people.

and there was a homeless person sitting near the bus stop
Does it not occur to you that people just want to keep their area a nice place to live ?? Like it or not , people living 8 to a house does detract from the quality of life in an area even down to small things such rubbish bins overflowing etc , by all means be full of the milk of human kindness yourself , but accept that most people just want to get on with their fvcking lives living amongst people who speak their language clearly, who dont have habits totally alien to their way of life and without with groups of blokes gathering on the street corner till all hours , leaving sh1t everywhere.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
If that English artist wanted to live in Italy the is no way on earth he could claim anything from the Italian state.

You miss the point, what Nazi-boy was saying was that "unless one has a set ammount of money in their bank, and is insured, they should not be allowed to travel."

I am pointing out that maybe an artist seeks to get inspired in a location and then make his way, and may not agree with the principles of compulsary insurance (a corporate racket to some). Once borders are closed to this type of person we might as well just put cages on everyone who is not "a complete part of the capitalistic growth gig."

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You miss the point, what Nazi-boy was saying was that "unless one has a set ammount of money in their bank, and is insured, they should not be allowed to travel."

I am pointing out that maybe an artist seeks to get inspired in a location and then make his way, and may not agree with the principles of compulsary insurance (a corporate racket to some). Once borders are closed to this type of person we might as well just put cages on everyone who is not "a complete part of the capitalistic growth gig."

He didn't say that at all. He said people should be allowed to MIGRATE without money to support themselves and insurance. There are many countries I couldn't just rock up at without a penny to my name and without something to cover my health costs should I fall ill and expect to then permanently live there. It doesn't stop me visiting that country as a temporary visitor though.

As an aside, calling some a Nazi for what the OP suggested somewhat shows either your lack of knowledge of what the Nazis' did and stood for or a complete lack of compassion for their victims.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a bit like Sesame Street isn't it?

There's a big bird, there are characters scrabbling around in bins and they all struggle with the alphabet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Does it not occur to you that people just want to keep their area a nice place to live ?? Like it or not , people living 8 to a house does detract from the quality of life in an area even down to small things such rubbish bins overflowing etc , by all means be full of the milk of human kindness yourself , but accept that most people just want to get on with their fvcking lives living amongst people who speak their language clearly, who dont have habits totally alien to their way of life and without with groups of blokes gathering on the street corner till all hours , leaving sh1t everywhere.

I know, those bloody poor people are even worse when they are foreign. Luckily Haywards Heath is full of white middle class people so you are alright.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
As an aside, calling some a Nazi for what the OP suggested somewhat shows either your lack of knowledge of what the Nazis' did and stood for or a complete lack of compassion for their victims.

The Nazi's stopped being moving around based upon race. A totally relevant word relating to the persons post.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I know, those bloody poor people are even worse when they are foreign. Luckily Haywards Heath is full of white middle class people so you are alright.

Would you like to live next door to 8 Romanians in a 2 bed house?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
good swerve, the answer is no , but it's ok for other people to.

The answer is, I couldn't give a monkey's how many of them there are or where they come from as long as they were decent people and decent neighbors.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You sound like a right nob. It's got nothing to do with being poor. Or are you saying poor people are NOT perfectly capable of looking for scrap and then cleaning up the mess, which isn't what was happening. Seems like you're the one making unfair judgements.

So in all honesty, what is wrong with what he said? Do YOU live in an area where people tip your rubbish bin over scouring for scrap and then leave the rest of the shit on the pavement so that the bin men leave it behind?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You sound like a right nob. It's got nothing to do with being poor. Or are you saying poor people are NOT perfectly capable of looking for scrap and then cleaning up the mess, which isn't what was happening. Seems like you're the one making unfair judgements.

So in all honesty, what is wrong with what he said? Do YOU live in an area where people tip your rubbish bin over scouring for scrap and then leave the rest of the shit on the pavement so that the bin men leave it behind?

It had nothing to do with being poor but everything to do with being Romanian.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It had nothing to do with being poor but everything to do with being Romanian.

You're moving the goalposts. You took issue TWICE because bushy said they were poor. There is a also a tedious VI Form Common room tone to your posts. You don't live next to 8 people in a 2 bed flat so it's OK to rubbish people who take issue with it, you selfish simpleton.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You're moving the goalposts. You took issue TWICE because bushy said they were poor. There is a also a tedious VI Form Common room tone to your posts. You don't live next to 8 people in a 2 bed flat so it's OK to rubbish people who take issue with it, you selfish simpleton.

A selfish simpleton whose posts you cannot decipher. I dead to think what that makes you.
I don't think bushy does live next door to right Romanians in a two bed flat in Haywards Heath. I suspect you don't either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Must have been awful for you, imagine living close to people living in such cramped conditions, you poor thing.

I can sympathise with you though, I had to get the bus the other day, it was full of poor people.

and there was a homeless person sitting near the bus stop

As long as they aren't bloody poor.

Go on then, which bit have I struggled to understand? Because to me, those three examples are clearly attempts by you to lampoon bushy for disliking poor people.

[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is pointing out that he has sympathy for English people living next to 2 bad flats containing 8 Romanians, who rummage through other people's dustbins and leave shit everywhere such that the rubbish isn't taken away. Guess what, I have sympathy with people living next to people like that too.

And well done for correctly pointing out that I don't live next to such people. But unlike a selfish simpleton such as you, it doesn't stop me sympathising with those that do.

Now fück off back to your VI form common room in near-by Australia to impress some 16 year old girls by shouting your poorly-thought-through politics.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Go on then, which bit have I struggled to understand?

[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is pointing out that he has sympathy for English people living next to 2 bad flats containing 8 Romanians, who rummage through other people's dustbins and leave shit everywhere such that the rubbish isn't taken away. Guess what, I have sympathy with people living next to people like that too.

And well done for correctly pointing out that I don't live next to such people. But unlike a selfish simpleton such as you, it doesn't stop me sympathising with those that do.

Now fück off back to your VI form common room in near-by Australia to impress some 16 year old girls by shouting your poorly-thought through politics.

Good for you what a kind hearted soul you are. If you were smart enough to grasp a simple point made on a football message board you would be quite a catch.
Actually I don't think it was bushy that made the original point but you people all look the same to me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good for you what a kind hearted soul you are. If you were smart enough to grasp a simple point made on a football message board you would be quite a catch.
Haha. I understand. You've been completely owned and shown up for what you are. You don't like it. Them's the breaks.

Go and have a think about what the grown ups have said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here