Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benefits Street Channel 4

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The irony was the unfortunate Romanians who really wanted to work,but had been cruelly exploited by criminals,were unable to do so.

I was with you until I saw the Romanians turning down free food given by the Pakistani bloke and getting pissed, smoking copious amounts of fags and causing a nuisance when they were supposedly too poor to eat.

Something didn't add up there.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I was with you until I saw the Romanians turning down free food given by the Pakistani bloke and getting pissed, smoking copious amounts of fags and causing a nuisance when they were supposedly too poor to eat.

You could also add whether in collecting the scrap metal that the "hard working" Romanians were correctly licensed to do so by the local council..........

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/scrap-metal-dealer-act-2013-licence-fee-charges

Given that they could not afford rent I suspect not.

As for the 14 Romanian men sharing the house who had arrived in the UK penniless to work 10 hours a day for £40, it is little wonder tories are happy to refer to the British unemployed as idle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8533172.stm

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Granted, I was surprised about the food being too spicy to eat.If you are that hungry,you would eat it.
Perhaps the Romanians were supplied with a few bob by the filmakers to go and buy some booze and fags,who knows.But yes it was a bit weird.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This is a part of migration that has gone wrong I'm afraid. Even if they are from the EU, they shouldn't be allowed in until they can prove that

a) Have a proper job already lined up in the UK
b) Have the finances to live in the UK for a minimum of six months
c) Have proper insurance

You see when they get here and they cannot find work, they then become our problem as some will not go home. I experienced exactly the same sort of scenario where I lived in Luton, where you have 7-8 people crammed in to one house. It's not very nice for people to live near this, it is initimidating.

Until you personally experience this type of migration on your own doorstep you will never understand how some people feel about it. I'm not just talking about people from the EU either, there where also people from the outside the EU that shouldn't have been allowed in.

I am amazed that you have not been called a "casual racist" by one of the residents on here yet.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hopefully word will spread among the Romanians that the streets are NOT paved with gold and like Jack they can head home with their handful of beans, oh and the rest of them, what really amazes me is they don't have any concept of where there free money comes from, they just expect it.

What Romanians? Where are they?

That's right, still in Romania. The only flood we had on January 1st was a Noah's Ark style one, rather than a metaphorical one. Perhaps the Goverment would be better off securing us against real threats rather than perceived ones.

D

Deleted member 22389

I am amazed that you have not been called a "casual racist" by one of the residents on here yet.

lol. I was only giving my opinion. I'm going to shut up in future. It's only what I experienced.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopefully word will spread among the Romanians that the streets are NOT paved with gold.

Why do you single out the Romanians? If you want a more effective approach aim this at Americans and Aussies as there are far more immigrants from these countries than any EU member.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps the Goverment would be better off securing us against real threats rather than perceived ones.

This might mean actually doing something though. It's far easier to whip up a storm over nothing and detract the people from the real issues the country faces.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Someone speaks against immigration and is called a nazi, but that is okay isn't it.

Then again it is hybrid so not really anyone worth bothering about

its one thing speaking against immigration when getting free hand outs, but quite another to stop people moving about unless they pay to insurance companies.

still you're a palace fan so not woth bothering about.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You are such a nazi.

So what if an english artist wanted to live in Italy for inspiration?

Or an English person around 52 wanted to live in spain to chill out and fish?

Or are you saying EU open borders is only for the rich or working?

You should read about Fascism and Communism, you fit into both quite well.

You've completely discredited your post within the first sentence. Nice one.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Must have been awful for you, imagine living close to people living in such cramped conditions, you poor thing.

I can sympathise with you though, I had to get the bus the other day, it was full of poor people.

and there was a homeless person sitting near the bus stop

You are such a nazi.

Nice to see the liberal party activists are alive and well

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Must have been awful for you, imagine living close to people living in such cramped conditions, you poor thing.

I can sympathise with you though, I had to get the bus the other day, it was full of poor people.

and there was a homeless person sitting near the bus stop

You are such a nazi.

If that English artist wanted to live in Italy the is no way on earth he could claim anything from the Italian state.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What Romanians? Where are they?

That's right, still in Romania. The only flood we had on January 1st was a Noah's Ark style one, rather than a metaphorical one. Perhaps the Goverment would be better off securing us against real threats rather than perceived ones.

Many Roma gypsies or Romanians claiming to be gypsies have entered the UK illegally over the last 20 years or so. Nearly all those claiming asylum have been given refugee status and they have indefinite leave to stay here and since Romania joined the EU in 2007 have additional rights as EU citizens. The latest Home Office figures from last year suggest that London alone has 60,000 Romanian citizens within the overall population. Since 2003 most of the migrant workers who come here on a 6 month working visa on the seasonal agricultural workers scheme are from Romania and Bulgaria.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I see your point. If I was in their shoes I'd take the Pakistani food and THEN get pissed and smoke copious amounts of fags and cause a nuisance. Tsk, some people eh?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I know, I thought it was bound to be a scouser as well.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I see your point. If I was in their shoes I'd take the Pakistani food and THEN get pissed and smoke copious amounts of fags and cause a nuisance. Tsk, some people eh?

Maybe they had heard about how Pakistani men in Birmingham treated those who had just arrived in the area...........

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/car-wash-owner-raped-male-6338774

One minute a nice man pops round your house and invites you to tuck into a gratis lamb bhuna, the next minute he has forced the old captain straight up your derrick..........you can understand their suspicion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here