Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC museum bedroom - what do you have? what would you like?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Indeed.

You little TINKER, you...

Do you know what though, it was after we had spoken on the pitch at Withdean when you wore it, and I wore the '91 play off final shirt, can't remember why we were there, must have been 2002 or 3. At that time I was just getting into collecting, £40 probably seemed like a blumming high price to me then, I think I'm a bit more savvy now, and have the smaller bank balance to prove it!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The price of retro shirts has increased massively. About ten years ago £65 would have been a realistic price for a B-Cal Albion home shirt from 1980-83 whereas I've seen them on sale for about £250 these days.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder what that Bukta item is at the bottom of the second page - the hoodie, shorts, shirt or scarf?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The price of retro shirts has increased massively. About ten years ago £65 would have been a realistic price for a B-Cal Albion home shirt from 1980-83 whereas I've seen them on sale for about £250 these days.

You're not wrong, the yellow Adidas Phoenix shirt on my site was sold on eBay a couple of years back, I know it's matchworn, but I was way outbid, it went for getting on for £1000. The home matchworn 1984 Phoenix one went for over £1000.

A B-Cal replica one in average condition, adults size, would be easily £250, in good condition or better, over £300, a kids one in decent condition will make you £200+. I've never seen a matchworn B-Cal shirt come up, but I'd expect it to be well in excess of £1000, quite possibly a lot more.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Really looking forward to seeing the museum but am now totally confused as to when it's actually open. I fancy a trip up on a non-match day rather than heave through Dick's Bar pre or post match.

I've got a rather nice pristine 1983 FA Cup Final glass tankard which only comes second to my piece of Goldstone goal net from the Donny game, my Brighton Subbuteo team, a squad-signed Albion romper suit from when my son was a baby and some signed replica shirts.

The thing I'm really after is a Nobo home shirt from 1987/88 - the season of my first match.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
In answer to the OP.

I have: every Brighton replica (outfield) shirt that has been made available (home, away, third & one-offs) for sale since 1978 (As far as I am aware)

I want: the Brighton home replica shirt from 1977/8.

My son has a red santex top what year is it and is it worth much?

I have an ultra rare Bosun west street t shirt!!! Now theres something not many poeple would have !!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
My son has a red santex top what year is it and is it worth much?

I have an ultra rare Bosun west street t shirt!!! Now theres something not many poeple would have !!

We had a red Sandtex top 3 times:

1993/1994 Ribero
1995/1997 Admiral
1997/1998 Super League (2 types, one with a white sponsor panel, one with a white sponsor).

I'm all done with valueing red Albion shirts these days in case I get it horribly wrong! As a rule the older the shirt, the higher the value, but you do need to find someone who wants them. Oh, go on then, but don't hold these against me. Your 93/94 shirt should make around £40 on eBay, likewise the Admiral one from 95/97. The 97/98 one with the white sponsor panel is a rare one, if I didn't already have one I'd probably give £150-£200 for it, for the one with the white sponsor font, you're probably in the £30 area. It's down to the condition too, and if it's a matchworn shirt, then you'd get offers over £100 for either of the Goldstone era shirts.

nelson73

Jan 9, 2014
lancing
I've got a signed Garry Nelson in action picture.and some simon dack photos of jimmy case that probably didn't make the argus

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You're not wrong, the yellow Adidas Phoenix shirt on my site was sold on eBay a couple of years back, I know it's matchworn, but I was way outbid, it went for getting on for £1000. The home matchworn 1984 Phoenix one went for over £1000.

A B-Cal replica one in average condition, adults size, would be easily £250, in good condition or better, over £300, a kids one in decent condition will make you £200+. I've never seen a matchworn B-Cal shirt come up, but I'd expect it to be well in excess of £1000, quite possibly a lot more.

Are you saying that my B Cal large that I only wore once to the cup final is over £300!?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I wonder what that Bukta item is at the bottom of the second page - the hoodie, shorts, shirt or scarf?

I have a nice woolly Bukta scarf that would be from 78 ish then, not many of those left??
I guess my 'historic' momento is the coat hook from the home changing room at the Goldstone that the number 8 shirt (Wardys) would be hung on

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town

1993/1994 Ribero
1995/1997 Admiral
1997/1998 Super League (2 types, one with a white sponsor panel, one with a white sponsor).

I'm all done with valueing red Albion shirts these days in case I get it horribly wrong! As a rule the older the shirt, the higher the value, but you do need to find someone who wants them. Oh, go on then, but don't hold these against me. Your 93/94 shirt should make around £40 on eBay, likewise the Admiral one from 95/97. The 97/98 one with the white sponsor panel is a rare one, if I didn't already have one I'd probably give £150-£200 for it, for the one with the white sponsor font, you're probably in the £30 area. It's down to the condition too, and if it's a matchworn shirt, then you'd get offers over £100 for either of the Goldstone era shirts.

thanks for the info
What about the Bosun t shirt any ideas?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In answer to the OP.

I have: every Brighton replica (outfield) shirt that has been made available (home, away, third & one-offs) for sale since 1978 (As far as I am aware)

I want: the Brighton home replica shirt from 1977/8.

The blue & white striped one 'airtex' type one by Bukta? my mate M has one, wears it last match on the season every year, nice & tight now..any ballpark price guide?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Are you saying that my B Cal large that I only wore once to the cup final is over £300!?

Yup, wouldn't suprise me at all, so long as it's as good as you suggest it is, would need to be fully blue still, not faded out as they have a habit of doing. I've seen them sell for £250 as a small, and with imperfections, I paid a fair bit for the one in my collection, and that's also a small, and has a tear in the collar. .

thanks for the info
What about the Bosun t shirt any ideas?

Can't help with the T Shirt, sorry.

The blue & white striped one 'airtex' type one by Bukta? my mate M has one, wears it last match on the season every year, nice & tight now..any ballpark price guide?

They are sub-branded either CENTA or SPORTWEAR, which is what I guess you mean by 'airtex'. I'm specifically after the 77/78 version with the filled in V collar, I think they are all CENTA types.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Yup, wouldn't suprise me at all, so long as it's as good as you suggest it is, would need to be fully blue still, not faded out as they have a habit of doing. I've seen them sell for £250 as a small, and with imperfections, I paid a fair bit for the one in my collection, and that's also a small, and has a tear in the collar. .

Can't help with the T Shirt, sorry.

They are sub-branded either CENTA or SPORTWEAR, which is what I guess you mean by 'airtex'. I'm specifically after the 77/78 version with the filled in V collar, I think they are all CENTA types.

Re the B Cal amazing! Cheers blue as the day it was made, worn for 12 hours, never washed and wardrobed since...

Could well be that one, I'll ask him next game

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town

1993/1994 Ribero
1995/1997 Admiral

My sons shirt is the super league one size 7 years age so dont know if that makes it rarer or more valuable just has santex on the front?
ThAnks phil

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
From the match programme at the weekend:

bedroom.jpg

I have: Panini 80 sticker album and the Post Office advert with Peter Ward

I would like: The BHAFC tortoise

Just out of interest, where did you manage to get the Post Office poster from? It was produced in 1977 for the sides of Royal Mail vans in Brighton and Hove and a fair number were carefully removed from parked-up vehicles by souvenir hunters. Royal Mail didn't mind at all - it was all good publicity for the use-your-postcode publicity campaign and I'm definitely not accusing you of theft. Especially as I've got one too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here