Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby v Brighton live on Bein Sports

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I usually stream GSP through VLC but not working today for some reason so had to settle for the inferior Flash version

How do you get a stream to play through VLC?

I tried pasting in the url from the stream I was watching (media>open network stream)and then pressing play but no joy. I tried it with several different streams but none of them played through VLC. I'm keen to see how this work as VLC is a wonderful piece of kit.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
How do you get a stream to play through VLC?

I tried pasting in the url from the stream I was watching (media>open network stream)and then pressing play but no joy. I tried it with several different streams but none of them played through VLC. I'm keen to see how this work as VLC is a wonderful piece of kit.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Normally through wiziwig there is a link to a GSP VLC stream which opens using the VLC player browser plugin. Hasn't been working today though.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
It tells me to download a plugin and I ain't downloading nothing! Not from these sites. Thanks for your help though, I'll stick to Player, which is being it's usual 'reliable' old self! I found plenty of streams, but they all keep freezing up.

That's weird, it didn't do that for me. I do have Adblocker on when I stream though

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Normally through wiziwig there is a link to a GSP VLC stream which opens using the VLC player browser plugin. Hasn't been working today though.

Ok, thanks.

So it's not something that can be done from VLC itself then? I assumed it was just paste in the url and play.

I'm able to watch streams ok without VLC anyway but was hoping VLC (being generally bloody brilliant at everything) might give me a smoother, less blocky stream.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Ok, thanks.

So it's not something that can be done from VLC itself then? I assumed it was just paste in the url and play.

I'm able to watch streams ok without VLC anyway but was hoping VLC (being generally bloody brilliant at everything) might give me a smoother, less blocky stream.

I think you can but not sure the usual Flash ones would work. I'm no expert though sadly!

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Is there any reason im getting no sound (and yes, my volume is on max)?

I was getting English commentary until it suddenly stopped...

Uhh, mine's working fine? Maybe you've clicked the audio off on the actual video player?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here