Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where's Mr Burns when you need him!

I've said several times that the posting style is very similar. He was wrong about Barnes too.

To go back to the 'moaning about budget', fans were expecting a lot of the squad so Gus & Tanno tried to squash those expectations by pointing out that we had the 14th best budget in the Championship. That wasn't moaning about the budget but tempering high expectations.
Those that want to moan about him will always find negative slants on anything. This then prompts the more fair fans to say, that it wasn't like that at all.
It makes for long debate on Nsc but strangely I don't find these attitudes anywhere else, amongst fans that I know at the Amex or at work.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've said several times that the posting style is very similar. He was wrong about Barnes too.

To go back to the 'moaning about budget', fans were expecting a lot of the squad so Gus & Tanno tried to squash those expectations by pointing out that we had the 14th best budget in the Championship. That wasn't moaning about the budget but tempering high expectations.
Those that want to moan about him will always find negative slants on anything. This then prompts the more fair fans to say, that it wasn't like that at all.
It makes for long debate on Nsc but strangely I don't find these attitudes anywhere else, amongst fans that I know at the Amex or at work.

Gus had a generous budget. He did well with it. So what? Who would expect Burnley to be above QPR in the table at this stage? The league table is not based on financial clout. Oh, and Gus' repeated comments (moans actually) were ungrateful in the extreme.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus had a generous budget. He did well with it. So what? Who would expect Burnley to be above QPR in the table at this stage? The league table is not based on financial clout. Oh, and Gus' repeated comments (moans actually) were ungrateful in the extreme.

Burnley still have parachute payments. The Burnley fan on here on Saturday said their budget was over £15 million whereas ours is £14 million for all staff.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Burnley still have parachute payments. The Burnley fan on here on Saturday said their budget was over £15 million whereas ours is £14 million for all staff.

So, you expected them to be second?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dear TB - who was wrong about Barnes? TBH I don't think anyone can be said to be right or wrong about Barnes at this stage.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I never know what to expect. They do have money from parachute payments as do QPR.

Well, I could have safely predicted most of the top 6 to 10 of the Championship with the exception of Burnley. Parachute payments are significant, but so are other factors, such as attendances.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
TB - are you unable to answer my questions re your post (now extended):

"I've said several times that the posting style is very similar. He was wrong about Barnes too."

I would be very interested to hear who you are 'accusing'.

At the moment, your silence is very telling.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Dear TB - who was wrong about Barnes? TBH I don't think anyone can be said to be right or wrong about Barnes at this stage.

On another thread you claimed the board had been outstanding in their transfer dealings this window, surely that's you already claiming they were right to sell Barnes?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
One of the big question marks in Poyet’s reign is that he let Murray (signed by DK) go when he was instrumental in our promotion season, who then went on to our bitter rivals, becoming the Championship top scorer, and playing a massive part in their promotion.

Letting Murray go would have been the same as if Southampton let Lambert go after their promotion. It then took us 18 months to find a replacement.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
On another thread you claimed the board had been outstanding in their transfer dealings this window, surely that's you already claiming they were right to sell Barnes?

Right to sell Barnes? Yes, IMHO. Right to turn down Sunderland's derisory offers for Bridcutt and Buckley, yes again. BASED ON WHAT WE KNOW AT THIS STAGE.

So, from this, can I assume I am being compared (by you alone) to Mr Burns? Ridiculous. He/she is a totally separate poster! I can't even recall any of his/her posts!

** Actually, you've responded to a question I raised with TB, so ignore that last bit! **

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here