Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Crofts injury is as bad as it sounds then surely Bridcutt is going nowhere...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Judging by the way Crofts punched the ground, he knew it was a bad one straight away. I reckon that's him done for the season and he is going to need replacing and fast. I thought he was outstanding today and was my mom....As for Bridcutt going nowhere, Crofts and Bridcutt are chalk and cheese. Can't see Crofts injury making a difference to what happens with Bridcutt..But we will need to bring in a goalscoring midfielder to replace him.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Great shame. He was Man Of The Match today by a country mile.
Get well soon Crofty

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Judging by the way Crofts punched the ground, he knew it was a bad one straight away. I reckon that's him done for the season and he is going to need replacing and fast. Can't see Crofts injury making a difference to what happens with Bridcutt..But we will need to bring in a goalscoring midfielder to replace him.

We already have that player, and his name is Orlandi, he's coming back and IMO is our best creative midfielder. He's out of contract at the season I think, he is someone we need in our team.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've been a real doubter of the qualities of Crofts but he was high class today and endlessly getting his toe in when it mattered. As magically deft as Orlandi is going forward I think we might miss that motorised muscle machine putting opponents under pressure and suddenly being in attacking positions. Bridcutt with dreams of elsewhere won't be ideal for our cause, so it's probably best to look around for an energy engine or slightly change our ways.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We already have that player, and his name is Orlandi, he's coming back and IMO is our best creative midfielder. He's out of contract at the season I think, he is someone we need in our team.

As good as Orlandi is he hasn't the physical presence of Crofts.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Definitely a ligament injury, probably full rupture of ACL. You could tell by the way his leg was buckling when hobbling off.

Big shame, he has played a big role this season. We won't see him again this season.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
don't think there is any way you can have a midfield trio of bridcutt, ince and Andrews.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Crofts is going to be missed big time, very rarely gets the praise he deserves unless he scores from the majority of our fans and should get MOM a lot of times but not a name so the sponsors only pick him if he scores.

Our game really dropped off today when he went off and everything good up front normally involves him.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I think Orlandi should have a starting place in front of Crofts myself, I think he's our most creative player, it's just we haven't seen him play for so long we've forgotten about him.

Orlandi is a class act, but crofts has been absolutely quality this season. Scoring goals, making runs, and generally breaking up play. My player of season! Must be a starter

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Orlandi is a class act, but crofts has been absolutely quality this season. Scoring goals, making runs, and generally breaking up play. My player of season! Must be a starter

Agreed that Crofts has been awesome but I still think that Orlandi is more creative and better technically, if Orlandi hadn't have had his knee surgery I think he would have kept Crofts out of the team.

It's brilliant how we now have such strength in depth our midfield. Crofts, Ince, Kaz and Andrews are all on top form. Orlandi coming back to full fitness, Agustein yet to find his feet properly and Buckley still to prove his worth which I believe will happen. Don't discount Solly who played excellently last week.....

Why can't we copy rugby and have 15 players rather than 11?

Edit. I didn't even mention Bridders who I still feel has a role to play this season for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here