Crofts 8
Ince 6
Lua lua 8
Lopez 7
Ulloa 6

Orlandi 6
Obika 5
El Abd n/a

This, although tempted to give Crofts a 9 for sentimental reasons and how well he's done this season and, as much as I like him, Ulloa was only worth 5.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How have you contrived to burden me with low expectations? Please explain.

I'm probably wrong to suggest you've 'low expectations' so apologies, but equally IMO if you are satisfied with Spanish Dave's performance they may not be that high....... As I said all opinions like me being 'harsh' :smile:

Why would you rate Upson more than Greer? Just a question

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm probably wrong to suggest you've 'low expectations' so apologies, but equally IMO if you are satisfied with Spanish Dave's performance they may not be that high....... As I said all opinions like me being 'harsh' :smile:

Was very satisfied with Spanish Dave's performances last season, or for the second half of last season at the very least. Thought he combined brilliantly with Orlandi. I maintain that those two have the best technique in the club, and SD has the best vision. He played an awesome ball that travelled about 60 yards towards the end of the game on Saturday. He also hit a rather excellent shot in the first half with his left foot that was saved by their goalkeeper -- another MOTM performance from an away goalkeeper at the Amex, we've had a few of those this season -- which makes up for his left-footed one that was heading for the half-way line. He was dire up until Leicester this season, but he seems to be really growing in confidence and form, and also seems to enjoy playing with Bruno.
While we're talking about those that play on the right, what's your view on Buckley this season? Not much cop in my view and if we want to slag off SD's tackling, why don't we redirect the conversation to Buckley's -- and I use the term loosely -- heading.
Oh, and there's no need to apologise, you make a number of good points.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was very satisfied with Spanish Dave's performances last season, or for the second half of last season at the very least. Thought he combined brilliantly with Orlandi. I maintain that those two have the best technique in the club, and SD has the best vision. He played an awesome ball that travelled about 60 yards towards the end of the game on Saturday. He also hit a rather excellent shot in the first half with his left foot that was saved by their goalkeeper -- another MOTM performance from an away goalkeeper at the Amex, we've had a few of those this season -- which makes up for his left-footed one that was heading for the half-way line. He was dire up until Leicester this season, but he seems to be really growing in confidence and form, and also seems to enjoy playing with Bruno.
While we're talking about those that play on the right, what's your view on Buckley this season? Not much cop in my view and if we want to slag off SD's tackling, why don't we redirect the conversation to Buckley's -- and I use the term loosely -- heading.
Oh, and there's no need to apologise, you make a number of good points.

Buckley is hopeless this year and if we are offered 1.75m (we need to make a profit), he should go.

Personally I think Solly is worth a run instead of Lopez and I think he was unfortunate to be left out post Reading. However away we shouldn't play two wingers as it'll leave us exposed. If Conway comes back that will be interesting, though I'm not convinced he's the answer either, good defenders will mark him easily as he's too one footed.

Technique wise foreign players do have better technique, but that's mainly due to them coming from environment where they are not immediately closed down. Consequently if Lopez has time he's great, but the bottom line is when he doesn't he's found wanting, see play-off games ( that goes for Orlandi as well) who I think is excellent, but mainly because of his movement.

Did you see my edit re why Upson over Greer Saturday, just interested.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Buckley is hopeless this year and if we are offered 1.75m (we need to make a profit), he should go.

Personally I think Solly is worth a run instead of Lopez and I think he was unfortunate to be left out post Reading. However away we shouldn't play two wingers as it'll leave us exposed. If Conway comes back that will be interesting, though I'm not convinced he's the answer either, good defenders will mark him easily as he's too one footed.

Technique wise foreign players do have better technique, but that's mainly due to them coming from environment where they are not immediately closed down. Consequently if Lopez has time he's great, but the bottom line is when he doesn't he's found wanting, see play-off games ( that goes for Orlandi as well) who I think is excellent, but mainly because of his movement.

Did you see my edit re why Upson over Greer Saturday, just interested.

I've had a quick scoot through, but you post too often. But from what I gather you're saying, Upson over Greer any day. I did note that you gave them both 7s for their performances on Saturday. I'd probably have given Greer a 6, and Upson 7.5. Greer gave the ball away on a number of occasions. Upson is developing a really good left to right long ball to the touchline. His defending and anticipation are simply superb. Think he's got another year or two left in him at this level, and maybe even beyond. Greer is at his level, however, and his lack of pace and mobility will get exposed at anything beyond this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've had a quick scoot through, but you post too often. But from what I gather you're saying, Upson over Greer any day. I did note that you gave them both 7s for their performances on Saturday. I'd probably have given Greer a 6, and Upson 7.5. Greer gave the ball away on a number of occasions. Upson is developing a really good left to right long ball to the touchline. His defending and anticipation are simply superb. Think he's got another year or two left in him at this level, and maybe even beyond. Greer is at his level, however, and his lack of pace and mobility will get exposed at anything beyond this.

Yes I agree. Think Upson might just about be able to play at a higher level, but Greer as you say, is at his maximum now. Just thought he played well Saturday, loved the way he brought the ball forward a la Lawrenson.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters (36 votes)
Lualua 8.17
Crofts 8.11 (83mins)
Andrews 7.47
Upson 7.31
David Lopez 7.22 (91mins)
Ward 7.10