Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere today.....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The chants to E,W&S were fantastic, and fair play to E to start up the chant they did...

When the East Stand replies to a request to give us a song, you know that it's a good atmosphere. Couldn't believe we managed that, but well done to those who drove it through, even if it was just an "Albion, Albion". Small steps...(from an impressed E1Aer).

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I disagree. A nerve-jangling atmosphere befits a tight, nervy-jangling match (bit like towards the end of yesterday's game). It's authentic, unlike people trying to whip up a mood that isn't there.

Totally agree. Just because I am not singing every second of the game doesn't mean I am not supporting the team. Have found myself lately holding my breath when we get near the box........not good if you want to sing......

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
First game back today after four months away with work. No complaints with the atmosphere today but nothing to shout about. Has it been that dire this season?

What are you talking about? It was a cracking match despite brum putting ten men behind the ball.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
First time I can recall hearing a loud chant start from above us in WSL, south of the centre line. Made everyone turn round and look up at WSU. I think the acoustics make it hard to hear certain parts of the ground so this was great to hear.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well said. A nervy atmosphere - as it was at the end - is an atmosphere as well.

In my book atmosphere is not all about the singing.

Beer:drink:tackles/shots/passing/ole-ole-ole moments/crap BALD refs/crap 'Specsaver' linos/beer intake:drink:/sunny weather/biting nails/woodwork hits/injuries:down: FUNNY BANTER and finally more beer intake:drink:

Did I leave anything out:wink:

What you're saying is probably right, but the idea of at atmosphere is and outward tangible effort to encourage the team, feeling tense and nervy only exists inside us.

I've stood in queues for the toilet that had a tense nervy atmosphere and that's fine, but it's no good to anyone at a football match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Atmosphere was prob one of the best this season yesterday IMHO. WSL is gradually improving it's contribution week on week but there are swathes of non STH seats there so half the people there are a bit clueless and more worried about getting home than watching the match (great example yesterday, really enthusiastic group of 4-5 young lads who seemed to be there on a birthday treat or something, were dragged away by the adult in the group on 80 mins 'to avoid the train queue'. Thought one of them was going to cry.......)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Atmosphere was prob one of the best this season yesterday IMHO. WSL is gradually improving it's contribution week on week but there are swathes of non STH seats there so half the people there are a bit clueless and more worried about getting home than watching the match (great example yesterday, really enthusiastic group of 4-5 young lads who seemed to be there on a birthday treat or something, were dragged away by the adult in the group on 80 mins 'to avoid the train queue'. Thought one of them was going to cry.......)

We had a few new faces around us yesterday in East Upper---they didn't moan at our swearing at the BALD ref/useless lino/jumping up at EXCITING moments and I felt joined in and laughed with all the BANTER from our lot:thumbsup:

If only it was like this every week: are you listening 'miserable bloke' after I knocked your coffee last week :eek:

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Think the atmosphere was a lot better due to the weather. Gives everyone a bit of a boost when the suns out and its warmer. The rain and cold drowns everyone out a bit.

Also thought the north stand asking the other stands to sing was a good idea. Got a lot of the other stands involved, especially the east which was decent. Think its good to let them get through the whole first part of song before joining in. Gives them a chance to get everyone involved make it louder. Probably didn't give the South Stand enough time. Who were getting involved tbf. Just need the South side of West to give them a bit of help.

On the judge, could even hear a lot of him from my seat in south end of WSU on Saturday, what a hero. I know there's a guy towards the middle of WSU with a big voice - usually does the Adam El-Abd and 'give us some B!!! R!!!!' etc. Could he learn the Go West song and sing it at a similar time to the Judge doing it in the north? Would be good to get more of the ground singing it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Totally agree. Just because I am not singing every second of the game doesn't mean I am not supporting the team. Have found myself lately holding my breath when we get near the box........not good if you want to sing......

The beautiful game affects us all in different ways, I've actually found myself looking away from the action when the ball's crossed into, or pinging around in the opponent's penalty area. Must be too many years of Albion watching: "It's not the despair, I can take the despair, it's the hope I can't stand."

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The beautiful game affects us all in different ways, I've actually found myself looking away from the action when the ball's crossed into, or pinging around in the opponent's penalty area. Must be too many years of Albion watching: "It's not the despair, I can take the despair, it's the hope I can't stand."

This has made my evening!! I think you have captured the shared experience of us all perfectly!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here