Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor on Twitter

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My point originally is that during a Saturday and in the 90 mins Albion are playing he should be reporting the happenings on the pitch and not what's happening in Premiership games as he is paid to report on us not other teams in that time in my opinion
What he does before and after games and during the week I couldn't give a toss

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My point originally is that during a Saturday and in the 90 mins Albion are playing he should be reporting the happenings on the pitch and not what's happening in Premiership games as he is paid to report on us not other teams in that time in my opinion
What he does before and after games and during the week I couldn't give a toss

During the match Andy Naylor made 37 tweets. 36 of them were giving updates about the match, the 37th was

Sunderland 2-0 up. LB possibly in the process of writing a second transfer request! #bhafc
. I don't see how this is not of relevance to Albion fans? It suggests that Bridcutt is not giving up on trying to leave.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
What digs at fans you are talking about?

I might be wrong but over the years whenever any fans have voiced an opinion that he disagrees with, be it Mcghee, Poyet or Ashley Barnes he seems to me to be very quick to dismiss the fans view point and as the local journalist covering the club I don't think he should do that. An example was last week over Barnes, he tweeted: "Last word on the Barnes debate. GP + OG valued him, Burnley admire him, Leeds wanted him and yet some #bhafc fans naively glad to get rid".

Did he need to say that? I'm one of the fans who rated Barnes highly but those who didn't are entitled to their opinion and shouldn't be labelled as "naive" by him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I might be wrong but over the years whenever any fans have voiced an opinion that he disagrees with, be it Mcghee, Poyet or Ashley Barnes he seems to me to be very quick to dismiss the fans view point and as the local journalist covering the club I don't think he should do that. An example was last week over Barnes, he tweeted: "Last word on the Barnes debate. GP + OG valued him, Burnley admire him, Leeds wanted him and yet some #bhafc fans naively glad to get rid".

Did he need to say that? I'm one of the fans who rated Barnes highly but those who didn't are entitled to their opinion and shouldn't be labelled as "naive" by him.

They are naive though.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not really having any idea about the guy save for his tweets, he seems to be pretty good at his job, if not a little self important sometimes.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Thanks for the response.

I thinks some fans have a really bad attitude and did more harm than good when it came to Barnes. Although he was no Suarez he has been a great servant to us and at 24 still has good potential.

I believe that Naylor made a fair comment and it was one that had to be made. Why should he be worried about fans being sensitive over it when they are happy to constantly point fingers.

If there were not all these Barnes discreditors he may have been more inclined to stay.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Only one issue with Naylor....

Loves to send a PM if you disagree or post something he takes offence too, however your denied the right to reply in the same manner unless he follows you.

Couple of times I've picked him up on things he's tweeted that I know are factually incorrect, yet he sends a rude reply via PM.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Only one issue with Naylor....

Loves to send a PM if you disagree or post something he takes offence too, however your denied the right to reply in the same manner unless he follows you.

Couple of times I've picked him up on things he's tweeted that I know are factually incorrect, yet he sends a rude reply via PM.

This. It's an odd way to behave. Sending an over the top DM to someone who then can't reply. He did the same to me because I corrected him on twitter. Very odd. I wondered at the time whether he realises you can't reply to him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This. It's an odd way to behave. Sending an over the top DM to someone who then can't reply. He did the same to me because I corrected him on twitter. Very odd. I wondered at the time whether he realises you can't reply to him.

You can always reply in public, he's the one who'll look the clown, assuming the DM wasn't because the original Tweet/message wasn't horsepoo

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can always reply in public, he's the one who'll look the clown, assuming the DM wasn't because the original Tweet/message wasn't horsepoo

Well yes, that is the only option. So that's what I did, just weird to DM someone who can't reply!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
My only minor criticisms of Andy Naylor would be that he seems to occasionally confuse fact with opinion and that he appears to genuinely believe that our fanbase is alone in having a fickle and complaining element when that is basically human nature and is prevalent at every football club in the country. Or at the very least that we have a larger proportion of those than most. Simply not the case.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

So... we're allowed an opinion on him, but you don't like him voicing an opinion back?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
One of the better twitter feeds if you ask me. That said, the air of narcissm can be grating as well as the tweets at the end of last years summer transfer window along the lines of

''This is the one you've been waiting for''

Really?

''A returning former player''

It couldn't be could it?

''Yes, It's Dean Hammond!

Dean Hammond FFS.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like him. I've disagreed in the past with some of his views, but generally he does the job fine. Not really sure what people expect from their local football reporter other than some news every now and again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like him. I've disagreed in the past with some of his views, but generally he does the job fine. Not really sure what people expect from their local football reporter other than some news every now and again.

It would be nice if he actually some news out though. I can't remember a time where he has come up with something that hasn't already been rumoured on here.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm yet to hear of a 'Argus Source' linking us with a player that hasn't appeared on here beforehand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here