Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor on Twitter

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Assuming it's his personal Twitter account, he can say whatever he likes. Even if isn't his personal account, who cares? Get a life OP.

D

Deleted member 18477

Andy Naylor is a prick! We all know that anyway.

I will enjoy the day he leaves the Argus and they appoint an Albion fan.

Hopefully Liverpool smash Stoke today!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's time Mr Owen got the top job at the Argus. A better journalist with a finer use of words.

Andy Naylor

The criticism (which, in fact, amounts to nothing more than abuse) of Andy Naylor puzzles me. I've read local newspaper reporters' coverage of football on any number of clubs in England during my fifty years of involvement in professional football, and would place Naylor in the top 10% of that group (totalling more than eighty). Why do I rank him in that way? 1: He is careful in accurately sourcing his information; 2: He is, notwithstanding his curious fondness for Stoke City, committed to the Albion; 3: Providing a good service to Albion fans is for him a matter of professional pride.

My opinions count for no more than anyone else's. In any case, some others on this site have more experience of professional football and /or of journalism than I have. But it would be interesting to know if those who think Naylor a poor journalist have reasons for their views.

For the record, I do not know Mr. Naylor. I have neither met him nor corresponded with him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The criticism (which, in fact, amounts to nothing more than abuse) of Andy Naylor puzzles me. I've read local newspaper reporters' coverage of football on any number of clubs in England during my fifty years of involvement in professional football, and would place Naylor in the top 10% of that group (totalling more than eighty). Why do I rank him in that way? 1: He is careful in accurately sourcing his information; 2: He is, notwithstanding his curious fondness for Stoke City, committed to the Albion; 3: Providing a good service to Albion fans is for him a matter of professional pride.

My opinions count for no more than anyone else's. In any case, some others on this site have more experience of professional football and /or of journalism than I have. But it would be interesting to know if those who think Naylor a poor journalist have reasons for their views.

For the record, I do not know Mr. Naylor. I have neither met him nor corresponded with him.

And your opinion of Brian Owen is?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A football correspondent writing about football, you say? The very IDEA.

Naylor out.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think Naylor is an excellent Albion watcher.He rightly gets all sides upset ,which promotes debate and argument and from those arguments i believe we get a fair insight in all that is Albion . I don't want him to support us,IMO that would lose the "newshound " in him . Having just read "Mad Man " ,Dick Knight had his run ins with him,and to me that is just how it should be .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Naylor's tweets will still show on your feed, if searching #bhafc hashtag.. just a guess, but as he's a journo, 50% of posts are done to get a reaction, and boost his deluded self imprtance.

Surely all his posts are aimed at getting a reaction, otherwise why write them?

Andy Naylor sees things fairly objectively, he doesn't suck up to the club, or officials in it, which is a blessing compared to other provincial newspapers. If you disagree with what he says that's fine by me, we all say it as we see it, but that doesn't warrant abuse or him losing his job.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I follow Andy Naylor on twitter. I find his tweets informative and useful. If you don't like him, don't follow him. Puerile suggestion by OP.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've never had a problem with him - he's objective and whilst will never be the best journalist in the world he knows his stuff and never commits to a story until he has a source for it. We could certainly do worse.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
good for early facts.....thats why i follow.......and due to the news i can cope with his narsissistic tendancies, and love of Stoke City, the most boring club in England (style, players, ground, town).

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Brian Owen is a far better writer than Naylor IMO. And for all the unnecessary abuse AN gets, he seems to revel in it because at times he is deliberately provocative. If your journalistic raison d'etre is to wind people up and/or get people bickering on the internet, your writing clearly isn't good enough to speak for itself. Being a professional knob who sparks anger for the sake of it is the job of a Daily Mail columnist like Hitchens, not a sports reporter for a second tier football team.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Andy Naylor is a prick! We all know that anyway.

I will enjoy the day he leaves the Argus and they appoint an Albion fan.

Hopefully Liverpool smash Stoke today!

Why do you specifically want a Brighton fan to report on Brighton games?

I'd rather read a report from someone with a slightly emotionally-detached perspective, even if I don't agree with it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Why do you specifically want a Brighton fan to report on Brighton games?

I'd rather read a report from someone with a slightly emotionally-detached perspective, even if I don't agree with it.

These. I don't know the guy, but he seems to do a pretty good job at reporting what is going on - a good skill if you are a, er, reporter.

Why would you want an Albion fan giving views of the clubs and games? There is plenty of that on here, and elsewhere on line.

On Twitter, things have to stand out to get noticed, hence why some of his tweets might seem to be there to provoke a reaction/wind people up. I don't think that's his intention at all. He is reporting what is happening, or what could happen, at the club. Again, it is often the same on here, but given he has a connection with the club (regardless of how close it is, according to different fans) Andy Naylor, in my opinion, is worth listening to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here