Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fish finger sandwiches at the Amex tomorrow

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As I walked towards the Amex under GRAYLING skies, my thoughts returned to the night before. Was it a BREAM, or had my BARBEL really been over a hundred SQUID? I was meeting friends who should be well PLAICEd to fill in the meMORAY gaps – RAY and JOHN DORY. I had to get my SKATEs on – RAY is an intelligent man (a brain STURGEON no less), but his COD psychology explanations for my eternal lateness were often embaWRASSEing. ForTUNAtely, we all arrived at the same time.

We headed towards our PERCH in the stands (ROE W, which has a BIRDSEYE view of the GRASS.) CARP all you like about the atmosphere at our home, but the view of the pitch is always BRILLiant. Halfway up, we stopped in our tracks. The sTENCH of fish filled our nostrils as a GROUPER PIKEys encROACHed on our personal DACE, each with a fish finger sandwich pressed to their CHUBBy maw. Yum, I thought. See you in a MINNOW, I said to the lads. If you’re GURNARD queue up, can you grab us one too, asked RAY. 10 minutes later, I was GUTTED. The fingers were entirely different – one raw and as cold as the ARCTIC, CHARred and dry like the GOBY desert, the other. And the BREAD? CRUMBS, it was like the SOLE of my shoe! RUDDy hell, I said. I’ll either get SALMONella from the fish, or break my JAWS on the bread!

You’re a DAB-hand at complaining, said John – why not write to Paul BARBEL? This could be the biggest issue since the HUSS over that BROWN TROUT in the away dressing room! Don’t feel GILLty about telling him aTROUT it – EEL want to know and you’ll feel BATTER for WHITING the letter.
So I did. Then I logged into NSC to talk about it on the ‘NET.

FIN.

Very good. That would have taken me a week to produce.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
As I walked towards the Amex under GRAYLING skies, my thoughts returned to the night before. Was it a BREAM, or had my BARBEL really been over a hundred SQUID? I was meeting friends who should be well PLAICEd to fill in the meMORAY gaps – RAY and JOHN DORY. I had to get my SKATEs on – RAY is an intelligent man (a brain STURGEON no less), but his COD psychology explanations for my eternal lateness were often embaWRASSEing. ForTUNAtely, we all arrived at the same time.

We headed towards our PERCH in the stands (ROE W, which has a BIRDSEYE view of the GRASS.) CARP all you like about the atmosphere at our home, but the view of the pitch is always BRILLiant. Halfway up, we stopped in our tracks. The sTENCH of fish filled our nostrils as a GROUPER PIKEys encROACHed on our personal DACE, each with a fish finger sandwich pressed to their CHUBBy maw. Yum, I thought. See you in a MINNOW, I said to the lads. If you’re GURNARD queue up, can you grab us one too, asked RAY. 10 minutes later, I was GUTTED. The fingers were entirely different – one raw and as cold as the ARCTIC, CHARred and dry like the GOBY desert, the other. And the BREAD? CRUMBS, it was like the SOLE of my shoe! RUDDy hell, I said. I’ll either get SALMONella from the fish, or break my JAWS on the bread!

You’re a DAB-hand at complaining, said John – why not write to Paul BARBEL? This could be the biggest issue since the HUSS over that BROWN TROUT in the away dressing room! Don’t feel GILLty about telling him aTROUT it – EEL want to know and you’ll feel BATTER for WHITING the letter.
So I did. Then I logged into NSC to talk about it on the ‘NET.

FIN.

:lolol: Very good....but you must get out more!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
My mate had one..........seriously for £3.90 it was a disgrace , soggy brown lettuce , 3 cheap fish fingers and no sauce or dressing.
Personally given up on the food at the Amex , just feel I'm been taken for a c**t every time I buy something and it is sub standard or the cheapest they can get away with .

Last edited:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Mine had mayonnaise, which was tasty. But I definitely had the soggy lettuce! Which looked and tasted rank.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Mine had mayonnaise, which was tasty. But I definitely had the soggy lettuce! Which looked and tasted rank.

mugs the lot of yer,paying 3.90 for something that cost no more than 80p to make

I thought the bun was excellent (certainly better than the burger buns I've had at the Amex) and the mayo was tasty. The lettuce was unnecessary and the fish fingers themselves tasted of fish (which is all one can reasonably expect). Worth a try.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
My mate had one..........seriously for £3.90 it was a disgrace , soggy brown lettuce , 3 cheap fish fingers and no sauce or dressing.
Personally given up on the food at the Amex , just feel I'm been taken for a c**t every time I buy something and it is sub standard or the cheapest they can get away with .

To make matters worse the sandwich must have been there for hours because the bun was baked and really dry, I would have complained if I could be bothered to Q up for 10 minutes and have an argument with a student who didn't give a shit.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
1901 food was cracking yesterday, Chicken Balti curry with rice and a naan only £10 yay

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here