Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Bridcutt tomorrow

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At this level you need to be at 100% or forget it, if he's holding back for fear of scuppering his dream move to Sunderland (ha) then he's of little use.

Play 11 blokes that want to be here.

As for his reception, it'll be pretty cool from me.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
haha Im not a JCL, I been going to Brighton since I was about 6 (im 27 now) although Ive only been on this forum for about 2 years. But I don't see them as a problem, we would look stupid having a 28,000 stadium with only 300 fans who used to go to Withdean and Gillingham!

There was a place called "the goldstone" once upon a time I think that held a little over 300 as well...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Booooooooooooo, ,**** off Judas, boooooooooooooooo!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
If be amazed if he plays again to be honest. A fee will be agreed and he will go. When not if. Shame but Ince deserves his contract.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Only if he plays well, however if he has a stinker they may refuse to pay any more.
I can see him being on the bench and used if needed but he isn't strategically important and may have not started tomorrow anyway.

True - but on the other hand if LB isn't sold this window then not playing him will definitely reduce his value.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Playing him will help maximise the fee - not doing so will do the opposite.

The fee will not be affected by one performance. These players are watched for months and months before bids are even considered.

The finer fee negotiations will be brinkmanship now rather than an actual in-depth valuation of the player. I imagine the clubs are probably within the same £500k-£1m or so of meeting each others valuation. Obviously, as the selling club, we can hold out far more than the club who want him can.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I would not want to see LB play tomorrow - nor any other game for BHAFC.

By putting in a transfer request when he still had so long left on his contract he has made it abundantly clear that he no longer wishes to play for us. Very sad but its just the way greed has taken hold of football now.

So thanks for everything Liam...and goodbye!

what rubbish.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ince Crofts and Orlandi to start. Lualua and March out wide. Ulloa down the middle.
On bench at best. Will get a good reception from me if he is in the squad. But current form means he should not start and if heads not right then he should not play at all.

don't get this at all. One poor game for us in the last 3 years and he is not on form. Tripe. He is the best in that position and should be starting every game. The club have said no to Sunderland and to Liam and I believe he is professional enough to say fair enough and move on. He will be our player come the end of the month and he should start tomorrow and get a great reception as normal

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I am not saying he is not professional enough to come in far from it if he plays i expect him to do a job.
However i personally feel Crofts has been our player of the season so far and Ince good enough and been consistant enough to deserve a starting place. I would prefer Orlandi to play in the last central role to add the creativity. Personal choice.
Bridcutt is argubally our best player but does not give him a devine right to start every match your head and heart needs to be in it. Only people who will know that is Bridcutt and Oscar. Oscars call and i trust him to know best

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Would be surprised if he were to play but if he did I would give him a cheer as I would any player in the blue and white

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am not saying he is not professional enough to come in far from it if he plays i expect him to do a job.
However i personally feel Crofts has been our player of the season so far and Ince good enough and been consistant enough to deserve a starting place. I would prefer Orlandi to play in the last central role to add the creativity. Personal choice.
Bridcutt is argubally our best player but does not give him a devine right to start every match your head and heart needs to be in it. Only people who will know that is Bridcutt and Oscar. Oscars call and i trust him to know best

Ok, but I would play with Orlandi, Croft, Bridcutt and Ince and leave out David. Lua lua and Ulloa as the other 2.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
If Liam plays tomorrow (and he should in my opinion) what sort of reception is he going to get?

I remember at Watford when it looked like Elliot Bennett was on his way that he got a great reception which must have helped him decide to see the season out with us.

With lots of JCL's can we expect the same tomorrow?

Isn't it time the 'hardcore' fans stopped having a go at the new comers at every opportunity, or perhaps you still want to 'fill the stadium' with 6.000 or so!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Isn't it time the 'hardcore' fans stopped having a go at the new comers at every opportunity, or perhaps you still want to 'fill the stadium' with 6.000 or so!

I have tried to explain on post 41. Not having a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here