Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Bridcutt tomorrow

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Any need for that comment?

It wasn't meant as a dig, I just wondered how the newer supporters would react. You now how if Liverpool lose a game 606 is immediately bombarded by "fans" from all over the country (except Liverpool) demanding the manager's head? Some of our more recent fans won't have been in this position before hence my original question.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Peter O'Sullivan was on the transfer list for the 10 years he was with us, never appeared to affect him.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
OG seems to operate a fairly clear policy along the lines of "if you've played well recently you'll retain your place in the team. If you haven't, you'll have to earn it". On the basis of recent performance, I think Bridcutt doesn't have a strong case for being selected ahead of the likes of Ince, Crosts etc. However, that should be the basis of selection, rather than any head-games nonsense about his state of mind following recent transfer discussions -- he's an experienced, highly-paid professional after all, and ought to be able to rise above that sort of thing (if not, I'd question whether his value is as high as suggested in the transfer discussions....).
If he is selected (for team or bench) I will applaud him, as always, however.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
If Liam plays tomorrow (and he should in my opinion) what sort of reception is he going to get?

I remember at Watford when it looked like Elliot Bennett was on his way that he got a great reception which must have helped him decide to see the season out with us.

With lots of JCL's can we expect the same tomorrow?

not that I'm one, but wtf have JCL's got to do with it ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It wasn't meant as a dig, I just wondered how the newer supporters would react. You now how if Liverpool lose a game 606 is immediately bombarded by "fans" from all over the country (except Liverpool) demanding the manager's head? Some of our more recent fans won't have been in this position before hence my original question.

I apologise, got the wrong end of the stick. I think it's my time of the month :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If he plays, will get the usual reception from me. Terrific player for us and one I hope stays. If we have aspirations of playoffs then he is key to it even with Ince (say Ince gets injured or sent off tomorrow)

This 1000%

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is absolutely no chance of him playing on Saturday. Zero. He will be a Sunderland player by Monday.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't buy this idea that Bridcutt has been awful since coming back. To me he's still the same intelligent and hard-working player, maybe having a little dip in form, but then he's being asked to do something different to what he's done for the past few seasons and his game is never going to be quite the same in those circumstances. For me he's still our most technically gifted player.

If he plays any part in the proceedings tomorrow he'll have my full support as always. Anyone who decides to get on his back is an idiot.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ince Crofts and Orlandi to start. Lualua and March out wide. Ulloa down the middle.
On bench at best. Will get a good reception from me if he is in the squad. But current form means he should not start and if heads not right then he should not play at all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He shouldn't play on from grounds

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would not want to see LB play tomorrow - nor any other game for BHAFC.

By putting in a transfer request when he still had so long left on his contract he has made it abundantly clear that he no longer wishes to play for us. Very sad but its just the way greed has taken hold of football now.

So thanks for everything Liam...and goodbye!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
IF he did play, then he should get a rousing reception from all sides of the ground. Until he has actually gone he is our player and top class at that.

I don't buy into comments that he doesn't want to play for us - what he wants is the Premier League, that is different to not wanting to play for us. I think he genuinely loves it here, but when the PL comes knocking, I suspect few players can resist.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think Oscar will have him on the bench and bring him on late, just to show him that he's still BHA. Anyway can't think badly of him he's done the job here, and more than paid his way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be shocked if he makes the squad

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think and hope that he will play tomorrow. What is happening off the pitch will not affect my opinion of him and will give him a warm reception until I see how he is playing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here