Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Bridcutt tomorrow

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Whats the point of stopping him going elsewhere then dropping him ? , start him , if it seems he has lost the plot then take him off by all means , he is to much of a good player to be left out in the cold for simply wanting to further his career as he sees it at another club .

Flame away if you must but leaving him out is just madness

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If Liam plays tomorrow (and he should in my opinion) what sort of reception is he going to get?

I remember at Watford when it looked like Elliot Bennett was on his way that he got a great reception which must have helped him decide to see the season out with us.

With lots of JCL's can we expect the same tomorrow?

Are we STILL using that stupid phrase?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
He may be named on the bench. Will dispel any rumours he doesn't wish to play - and at the same time it's less of a risk than starting him (following all the disruption).

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
If he does play or atleast gets in the squad and has his name read out, I hope he gets a good round of applause.

What has the JCL's got to do with anything? They seem to get alot of attention on here ??? Im glad we got them to fill out 28,000 every week, no other Championship club gets the attendance we do, and its all local fans.

Don't shout too loudly or you'll be accused of one yourself. You have to prove with photographic evidence and ticket stubs that you've been to every home and away game since the 1950's and were born within 100 yards of the clock tower otherwise you're classed as a 'JCL' on here...

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Don't get me wrong, Bridcutt is a quality player but who would he replace for Saturday should he be in the team? Crofts, Andrews, JFC & Agustien all played very well last Saturday, not to mention Rohan Ince who didn't even get a game in that one. It would probably be better that he doesn't play, however I think it would send out a strong message should Oscar name him in the team.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I think it's important to look at this whilst making comparisons to the situation with Ashley Barnes.
Both of these players seem to have been looking to pastures new, based on ABs reluctence to resign, and the supposed loyalty to Poyet by LB. Yet Ashley is the player that can been seen to be giving 110%.
I would argue that I wouldn't like to chance playing LB this Saturday, as there is perhaps a chance that being refused his transfer request, his heart won't be in it?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Don't shout too loudly or you'll be accused of one yourself. You have to prove with photographic evidence and ticket stubs that you've been to every home and away game since the 1950's and were born within 100 yards of the clock tower otherwise you're classed as a 'JCL' on here...

haha Im not a JCL, I been going to Brighton since I was about 6 (im 27 now) although Ive only been on this forum for about 2 years. But I don't see them as a problem, we would look stupid having a 28,000 stadium with only 300 fans who used to go to Withdean and Gillingham!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Whats the point of stopping him going elsewhere then dropping him ? , start him , if it seems he has lost the plot then take him off by all means , he is to much of a good player to be left out in the cold for simply wanting to further his career as he sees it at another club .

Flame away if you must but leaving him out is just madness

If he is not in the squad tomorrow, neither starting nor on the bench, then it doesn't say a lot for the club's negotiating skills!

What was the point of turning down the transfer request if the club aren't going to use his services?

Leaving him out of the squad is hardly going to improve LB's demeanour and chances of playing in the next game - if he doesn't play for the rest of the season that will simply reduce his value in the summer and in the meantime waste one of the club's best playing assets.

There can only be a few reasons for the club having refused his transfer request, the belief they could get a higher bid, the belief that they needed LB's services as a player or out of 'spite'.

Leaving him out of the squad doesn't support the idea that they may get a higher bid in the summer and I believe TB is too good a businessman to have allowed any personal feelings to have influenced negotiations - that just leaves the premise that the club wants to use him as a player which would hardly be achieved by not letting him play!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Official Twitter says he is available tomorrow. I'd be surprised if he plays (available doesn't mean selected, of course) but i'd hope everyone gives him their full support if he does play. After all, he's a Brighton player right until the time he signs a contract for another club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I remember at Watford when it looked like Elliot Bennett was on his way that he got a great reception which must have helped him decide to see the season out with us.

Alternatively, Bennett had been told he wasn't being sold (bar some mega-offer, of course) so he had no choice but to just get on with it.

A bit like life for Liam Bridcutt right now.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Alternatively, Bennett had been told he wasn't being sold (bar some mega-offer, of course) so he had no choice but to just get on with it.

A bit like life for Liam Bridcutt right now.

Let's hope he plays with the same conviction Bennett did for the rest of the season then.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If Liam plays tomorrow (and he should in my opinion) what sort of reception is he going to get?

With lots of JCL's can we expect the same tomorrow?

Any need for that comment?

On topic, I don't expect Bridcutt to be in the squad tomorrow because on the whole he has been awful since coming back in, just watch the clip of Bournemouth on the break for the penalty and you'll see Liam just ambling along with no intention of trying to win the ball back. He may not have left the club physically but his mind is definitely elsewhere.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 17m
#BHAFC team news ahead of clash with #BCFC. Upson, Kuszczak, Bridcutt and Bruno all available.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He will be fine playing, if anything probably a good distraction for him. Its out of his hands, Sunderland need to offer a proper fee for us to part with a fantastic player, if they don't he stays, he's under contract, he plays. I for one will support him all the time he wears the blue and white stripes.

If he isnt with us I expect Bloom to have accepted a big fee to compensate us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here