Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince Signs Until June 2016

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I like him, I still think he may end up as a central defender down the line, but he is doing a decent job for us right now. In terms of areas for improvement if he stays in a m/f role, it does appear to me on occasion that he rushes his passing at times, therefore reducing his pass completion stats somewhat, but all in all a good bit of news for the club.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
2 years to learn how to control and pass a football.

That's not even a dig(well, sort of). It's a genuine point.

He has all the individual attributes to be one hell of a force in midfield...he just needs to work on the basics of midfield play. Mainly composure.

However, we have the making of an excellent player there.

When he learns to combine his individual attributes with sensible decision making, he will be there. Currently he is like Forrest Gump.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
2 years to learn how to control and pass a football.

That's not even a dig(well, sort of). It's a genuine point.

He has all the individual attributes to be one hell of a force in midfield...he just needs to work on the basics of midfield play. Mainly composure.

However, we have the making of an excellent player there.

When he learns to combine his individual attributes with sensible decision making, he will be there. Currently he is like Forrest Gump.

Spot on, the touch is the main thing for me, improve that and you get time to do the other things easier

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It hasn't, no.

(Amusingly the club were concerned of being accused of putting the news out to soften "Bridcutt leaving" news.)

Which suggests they wanted this out well before that, so did it as early as possible,. Presumably therefore Bridcutt announcement later today?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
excellent .
now if the right offer comes in for bridcutt and Barnes
we can strengthen our attacking options

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm delighted by this news. It's wonderful to see a player come through and make such an impact. Moving him from CB to CM has really improved his game and I hope he continues developing at the same rate and standard.

As others have pointed out, he needs to work on certain aspects of his game, but for a player of his age he's extremely promising and I'm delighted the club has shown the foresight to tie him up to a longer contract.

larus

This is bigger news, than Bridcutt or Barnes. If Ince keeps progressing the way he has this season, he could be a real formidable midfielder in this country. He has got it all, strength, power, can pick a pass. If he can add a few goals to his game he could be a ten million pound+ player in 18 months time. And most important of all he wants to be here obviously and is very much a Garcia player, with no baggage from the former regime.

I don't always agree with a lot of what you post (but it's only opinions), however, this, IMO, is spot on. Good post.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Congratulations to the lad. Great news. Hopefully we'll get some more cheer before the match tomorrow to lessen the sadness if the now famous surnames beginning with 'B' 2014 exodus.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Fantastic!
Only 2016? I'd put him on a 5yr deal.
2 years is a bit unsettling, if he plays brilliantly for a year and attracts other clubs, he'll only have a year left and then its unsettling again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is THE most important signing we could have made this window IMHO. Fantastic news! Well done, Rohan, Tony et al.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very, very pleased to hear this. Got so much potential to be a top class player for us. Gutted about Barnes but this has cheered me up a bit.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Great news and well done Oscar from bringing him into midfield and giving him the chance.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So you believe the announcement/signing extension has nothing to do with the Bridcutt sale?

Not even half, currently. The potential is there though, which is the exciting bit. I still fear the gaping hole Bridcutt will leave.

As yet, there isn't a Bridcutt sale. As of now, there is a Barnes sale. It's clear that both are no longer committed to the club, although both have been excellent servants. It's also clear that Ince is committed to the club.

I think you're wrong in your assessment of Ince, but respect your view. Six months ago, I would have been gutted if we lost Bridcutt. Now, if it happens, I won't be, so long as we get a decent price for him. There's a possibility that we might make it into the top six on Saturday and this despite an awful injury crisis for much of the first half of the season, which included Bridcutt's absence and his return below par (witness his performance on New Year's Day). So, I don't think the alternatives are doing too badly -- Crofts is one of our players of the season so far, and Ince is raw, granted, but is also quite simply a revelation. I have high hopes for Agustein too, and look forward to seeing if Oscar returns to playing Orlandi in the attacking midfield/creative role. What I think we really need is a winger, and an extremely good one too, with searing pace and composure in crossing, passing and finishing. We might need to sell Bridcutt -- who doesn't want to be here -- in order to get one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here