Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince Signs Until June 2016

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fantastic, a welcome ray of sunshine through the so far gloomy transfer window.

It's more than a ray, it's a great big beam of light that smashes through the gloom, a little bit like how Ince tore through Bournemouth's defence on multiple occasions round their part.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Great news - 1 year too short IMO, realistically if he does well a team will come in for him end of next season, + side is that we will be able to sell on for big money.

I did think that also at first about the contract length offered.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fantastic news to wake up to this morning. A three year contract would have been better but I'm not complaining. If Ince continues to develop at his current rate, we're going to have one helluva player on our hands in two years' time. A big well done to the club for making this happen.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Good (if a little obvious) timing by the club. Gain a long term DM, lose your best one a little later in the day (probably). Looking forward to seeing him develop, if he becomes half as good as Bridcutt we'll have a player on our hands. Patience is needed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good (if a little obvious) timing by the club. Gain a long term DM, lose your best one a little later in the day (probably). Looking forward to seeing him develop, if he becomes half as good as Bridcutt we'll have a player on our hands. Patience is needed.

See Bozza's earlier post on the first page of this thread.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
great signing,will only improve and this is one of the most important deals for a long time,very happy

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

You think he's only half as good as Bridcutt at the moment? I think not. :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wanna tell you
I might as well do
about a boy who could do anything
he came from Chelsea
to play for Brighton
Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince, Rohan Ince

:albion2::rave::banana::O

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Could be the best of business we do in the window. well done to the club for getting this sorted now. Fantastic news!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Got potential to become a fantastic player for us. Strength, pace, power, heading he's got all the attributes needed to be a great midfield player.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
See Bozza's earlier post on the first page of this thread.

So you believe the announcement/signing extension has nothing to do with the Bridcutt sale?

You think he's only half as good as Bridcutt at the moment? I think not. :)

Not even half, currently. The potential is there though, which is the exciting bit. I still fear the gaping hole Bridcutt will leave.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
mmmm I would have loved it to have been another year on that... none the less very good news

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I really don't care if the club is softening the blow for Bridcutt/Barnes leaving. It's great news that we all wanted to hear.

If he carries on developing like he's done this season, we will have one awesome player.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So you believe the announcement/signing extension has nothing to do with the Bridcutt sale?

Not even half, currently. The potential is there though, which is the exciting bit. I still fear the gaping hole Bridcutt will leave.

I fear we'll have to agree to disagree there. £50 to REMF says that Ince eventually moves on for much more money than Bridcutt? :smile:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I fear we'll have to agree to disagree there. £50 to REMF says that Ince eventually moves on for much more money than Bridcutt? :smile:

That's not my point. I hope he does, I'm saying he's nowhere near Bridcutt's level yet and I believe we'll struggle a little. This time next year, who knows? He's developing well.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's not my point. I hope he does, I'm saying he's nowhere near Bridcutt's level yet and I believe we'll struggle a little. This time next year, who knows? He's developing well.

Fair enough. However, most of this season we've played without Bridcutt and we've hardly struggled. I don't think Bridcutt will be missed too much in reality although he will always be one of my favourite players. :thumbsup:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Top marks to Oscar and his team for this. I don't think Ince would have yet had the opportunity to shine under the previous management.

Lets hope March, JFC and others continue to get their chances to progress from the Dev squad.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Cracking news. I do wonder, though, whether we had reached that ceiling of season expense for FFP and could only offer him a notably-improved contract once a Barnes deal was certain. Also, the headline of long-term contract says how the game has changed in our division with it being 2.5 years. I was expecting a 5-year one.
Anyway, very good news and will be exciting to watch him continue to learn to rampage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here