Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From april 1979 how many still attend the albion games?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Although hard to measure out of the 26,000+ that attended our last league game in 1979 how many would have attended say the Bournemouth game?

Similar crowds but what would be the percentage still attending after those 34 years.Would be interesting to see peoples view on such numbers.
This is nothing to do with jcl's and this blokes a better fan than that bloke,just really interested tbh.

I would pitch in with a figure of 7,000 is it more or less?

According to Ernest's poll 60% of Nsc users started watching the Albion in the 60s & 70s, so I reckon a lot more than 7,000.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That surprises me because when you're on The Albion Roar you sound as if you're in your fifties.

For the record, I'd probably done at least 20 aways by then.

Thanks sweetie, not quite in my fifties yet! I was a late starter, didn't move to the UK permanently till I was 11 years old in 1977. I was sent to a boarding school in Sussex, as soon as I could work out how to bunk off on a Saturday, that's when I started going to the Goldstone.

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
Think I might have been at that game. First went aged 12 in 72, and started going regularly in about 76/77 through till 83/84. Moved away for work/family etc, came back in the mid 90s and have been coming ever since.

Now sit with my lad in the North Stand, who was first brought when he was 7 in 1997 to the Goldstone, and has been a season ticket holder since 2008.
First game with my old man in 72 aged 5,beamish, spearitt,powney/grummit,Napier etc. been going ever since barring small gap in 90's(kids). Love the Albion as much now as did on that first game. Cheers dad! R.i.p.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Me. My first game was a 3-0 home win over Blackburn in Feb. 1974. I was 9 and a late bloomer.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
17 and sober against Spurs, 52 and pissed against Bournemouth.

Me too, great not growing up isn't it?

Can't remember who the first home game was against in 1966 but my first away game was Bournemouth in April '72. A 1-1 draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here