Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From april 1979 how many still attend the albion games?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Think I might have been at that game. First went aged 12 in 72, and started going regularly in about 76/77 through till 83/84. Moved away for work/family etc, came back in the mid 90s and have been coming ever since.

Now sit with my lad in the North Stand, who was first brought when he was 7 in 1997 to the Goldstone, and has been a season ticket holder since 2008.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I was in the Navy based in Jockland at this time but still got down to home games when we weren't underwater doing secret shit and still going strong as a STH in the North Stand with my lads

abc

Jan 6, 2007
My first ever match was the home defeat to Norwich in 1979 :wave:

:wave::wave:That was mine too! We lost 4-2 i think? I remember leaving the north stand with the canaries crowing (or cheeping!) and just being really happy to have been at my first game, I had no idea how much pain was ahead of me as a Brighton fan!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hailsham Seagull has been going since electricity was invented , shame he chose to live in a place yet to be connected to the grid .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ever present home games in 79. Only half the home games now. Increasing. nearly got a half season ticket.

I just could not get a ticket where I wanted.

It is the West Coastway trains that put me off, but they are getting better now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would have liked to experience those days, but unfortunately i wasn't to make an appearance on this earth for another 6 years.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was at both as were probably about half the lads I went with in 1979. Not exactly scientific but I think our crowd retention isn't bad. That said I only went to about half a dozen home games a season during the Withdean years...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wasn't at the Man City game referred to in 1979, but did go to the end of season games at the end of 78/79, including aways at Orient, Luton and Newcastle.

Got a season ticket now, but wasn't at the Bournemouth game as it's shared with my brother-in-law.

I reckon the number who actually attended both games referred to would be just 2 - 3,000, though there's plenty more who were going regularly in 79 who still go regularly now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
At both

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Put me down for two. Myself and my Father. My Mother remains a keen fan, but older now and will only attend if my son doesn't go.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Me, plus my Mum and my Oldest sister were all at both!

My other sister was at the game in 1979 and the reading cup game as only goes occasionally these days

My old man was at the game in 1979 but never lived to see Falmer completed

The Raven blood runs blue and white

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If only we knew what a rollercoaster awaited The Albion and its fans over the next 30 years, amazing highs and some awful lows.

In '79 we were surfing a real feel good factor, with a few years in the First Div, and a Cup Final ahead too.

But equally we were unaware of the traumas awaiting us in the '90s and 2000s. Amazing that we survived. From rags to relative riches now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here