Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could keep one of Barnes and Bridcutt - who would it be?

Which player would you keep?

• Barnes

Votes: 155 68.6%
  • Bridcutt

Votes: 71 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Hey lets get to the Premier League first! I voted for Barnes, and would have voted for him even before Bridcutt submiitted his transfer request yesterday, I have the feeling Bridcutt has 'plateaued' at the Albion now, and his head has clearly been turned by Gus or from elsewhere, and what point is there keeping a player who clearly doesn't want to be here any longer? Fortunately we are well served in central midfield too, with the likes of Rohan Ince and Keith Andrews also able to play there. So in my opinion we should take the money and run.

Barnes on the other hand, loves playing for the club, weighs in with his fair share of goals, can also operate wide in midfield, and is getting better all the time.

I'm pretty sure Mr Bloom wants PL status sooner rather than later. Bridcutt may still go elsewhere, but selling one of only a handful of current players that realistically could perform in the top league in my humble opinion would be a mistake.

Whatever happens life will go on, as will the debate.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Heart says Barnes.. head says Bridcutt..if as has been reported he has been offered a contract and for whatever reason has decided not to sign then the club must come first and get some value out of him

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Tough one to call, but to my mind goal-scoring strikers are always harder to replace than defensive midfielders, however good they are, so probably Barnes.
As others have said, I'm not sure Liam suits Oscar's style as well as a Gus team, and Barnes can still get better. Bridders is approaching his peak and deserves a shot at the Premier League, and the money will help strengthen the squad for a play-off push.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Barnes please.

The lad tries his heart out.

I'm not saying LB doesn't, but as he wants to go, I'd keep the one that wants to stay, maybe :)

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Bridcutt as Barnes could walk for free in the summer and if he really wanted to stay he'd have signed the contract that was there waiting to be signed.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Voted Liam. Class act at Championship level and has given some excellent performances for us - suspect both will go though

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He's had one to sign but didn't want too. We have a wage structure so why does Barnes think he should earn more than the rest?

Im saying if we were to keep one of them and if Barnes was to sign a new contract, then id keep him.

Obviously he isnt signing a new contract, so we are cashing in when we can.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Im saying if we were to keep one of them and if Barnes was to sign a new contract, then id keep him.

Obviously he isnt signing a new contract, so we are cashing in when we can.

I see, my fault and yes I'd agree. Would rather keep Barnes than Bridcutt but due to him not signing then it's best for all involved.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Totally surprised by the poll result. It seems to be accepted on here that Liam wants to leave, maybe an Ashley "I want away" statement would sway the vote somewhat. Bridcutt's contribution has been immense, but something tells me that there is more to come from Mr Barnes and I will be sorry to see him leave.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Barnsie. Feel we've got cover for Brids

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
losing barnes could easily cost us promotion this season but i don't think losing bridders would. On the other hand barnes value goes to zero at the end if the season.

Very tough call - but i'd give up the barnes money and gamble on promotion.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here