Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could keep one of Barnes and Bridcutt - who would it be?

Which player would you keep?

• Barnes

Votes: 155 68.6%
  • Bridcutt

Votes: 71 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm a fan of Barnes but this is correct.

let me see..... the man thats been player of the season for 2 years....

or

Someone that actually now everyone is getting close to fitness wont make the starting 11.....

Some people are head mental !

Assuming both are happy to stay is the key.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Barnes. I think Bridcutt has done all he can here and deserves the chance to move on, whilst we get to develop Ince and a new look midfield. Barnes is a key player in a very thin area of the squad, his departure would hit us harder if we could not line up a suitable replacement. We have already replaced Bridcutt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

or

Someone that actually now everyone is getting close to fitness wont make the starting 11.....

Can't disagree with you in principle, but currently we've played most of the season with Barnes and without Bridcutt. My biggest fear is that if Leo gets another knock, or suspended, it's up front where our season will unravel, not protecting the back four.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I realise that we've done OK in Bridcutt's absence this season, and have other players who could ostensibly fill that role, but he's a class player when his mind's right. And I'd just prefer to have high-quality players in the side. Not a slight on Barnes, but he's not in Bridders' class. So Liam for me.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Barnes. I think Bridcutt has done all he can here and deserves the chance to move on, whilst we get to develop Ince and a new look midfield. Barnes is a key player in a very thin area of the squad, his departure would hit us harder if we could not line up a suitable replacement. We have already replaced Bridcutt.

Well said Mr H. It's almost impossible to see how LB could stay & give his all now (considering the ever-growing evidence to the contrary). Barnes, on the other hand, continues to develop his game & be 100% committed on the pitch for us. Ideally, I'd like to keep both of them, but one out of two ain't at all bad considering.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

or

Notwithstanding the value of the bids (which incidentally if Barnes had as much of his contract left as Bridcutt then we would be talking £2 Million+ in my view) Barnes has a higher potential value though as he is a striker with a record of getting around 10 goal per season, this despite being played out of position for much of his time over the last couple of years and whilst Bridcutt has been the better player for us prior to this season, from the games I've seen this year(injury accepted), he is looking less comfortable in his role with our higher tempo style of play under Oscar than he did with Gus' style of play and it's this reason along with the fact that Barnes has been one of our best players this season is the reason why people would prefer Barnes over Bridcutt at the moment.

Nothing to do with who was better before!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
As brilliant as Bridders is and as long as the money's right,cash in on him now and keep Barnes.
I always liked Barnsey but he's so much better under Oscar now and seems to have sorted out his discipline issues.I agree with others that he could be the difference in our promotion push, he so nearly was the difference for us last season in that playoff match when he came on late against palace, but for some good saves from Speroni and then hitting the bar

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bridcutt easily

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
also, thinking ahead, Bridcutt would not look out of place in the prem, Ashley would be sold within a week back to bottom half championship side, which in my eyes is his level. (albeit he has done better than expected this last few weeks)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
If Oscar can re-invest the money from both sales on another center forward then I'd cash in on both now. I'm sure the club will have players lined up. At the present time I think we will miss Barnes more than Bridcutt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who would you rather have playing for us in the Premiership? - Bridcutt for me.

Barnes for me-I think Bridcutt might not be as good in the PL as he has been for us, a mis-placed pass there, in the position he plays...

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Definitely Barnes, always fully committed, maybe sometimes a bit to aggressive, but atleast he gives everything and leaves it on the field of play.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is no one capable of making the assumption that in a hypothetical poll, keeping Barnes would also mean he's signed a new contract?

Come on people, we don't always have to be completely literal.

I'd say Barnes*.

*that he hypothetically signs a new contract...

We've hardly had Bridcutt this season because of injury and when he has played he hasn't looked great and look at the table.

I think the work Barnes does upfront will be missed more than the work Bridcutt does, even if bridders is the better player.

I would like to be associated with these comments.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who would you rather have playing for us in the Premiership? - Bridcutt for me.

Hey lets get to the Premier League first! I voted for Barnes, and would have voted for him even before Bridcutt submiitted his transfer request yesterday, I have the feeling Bridcutt has 'plateaued' at the Albion now, and his head has clearly been turned by Gus or from elsewhere, and what point is there keeping a player who clearly doesn't want to be here any longer? Fortunately we are well served in central midfield too, with the likes of Rohan Ince and Keith Andrews also able to play there. So in my opinion we should take the money and run.

Barnes on the other hand, loves playing for the club, weighs in with his fair share of goals, can also operate wide in midfield, and is getting better all the time.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
None of our other options in the holding midfield role are anywhere near the class of Bridcutt. We'd certainly miss Barnes but Bridcutt is different class. You have to keep Bridcutt, he's not easily replaceable. Barnes is easier to replace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here