Votes: 102 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
out. our laws and rules should be made by our parliament in London, not an unaccountable bureacracy that cant even decide which country to stay in. it may not be a great law making machine, but its ours and its a damn sigh better than most the others.

Agreed, but then it would be nice if England had it's own parliament, which only MP's in English constituencies could vote on English issues......but that is another topic.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well, the majority has spoken... 68% in favour, 32% against (so far)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, the economic benefits are significant, the increased flexibility of where I can work, who I can work with, higher skills, greater choice and lower overall prices outweigh the negatives of bureacratic and political inefficiences.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When does this poll close so we can arrive at the definitive NSC answer for this current generation of users?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes, the economic benefits are significant, the increased flexibility of where I can work, who I can work with, higher skills, greater choice and lower overall prices outweigh the negatives of bureacratic and political inefficiences.

but not voting for the person that will TELL you what you can do? Seriously, don't you see that? If you don't you are sleep walking to dictatorship!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away

Am amazed there are so many that want out. We can lobby to fix the decision making issues if we're in. But if we're not in, our standing in the world and economy will tank.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Isn't democracy the dictatorship of the majority over the minority?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We need to stop pissing about in the half arsed manner we have been over the years and get in their and get in the driving seat of Europe and have a real say in what happens and make it work for us.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That says it all! CURRENT generation of users! Explain that in NON ageism terms.

No ageism at all. Can't really get future members of NSC users to vote here.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Defo in, UKIP is really just a middle class BNP...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
but not voting for the person that will TELL you what you can do? Seriously, don't you see that? If you don't you are sleep walking to dictatorship!

I'm not sleepwalking to anything, don't insult my intelligence.

I'm fully aware of the differences between the powers of the EU and those of the British parliament.

Anyone with an ounce of economic or financial background can see the broad benefits of having a single market. The arguments put forward by the naysayers are based on emotion, not analysis.

Given a choice between higher or lower economic growth I choose the former, as the benefits, in terms of health, unemployment, education, life expectancy, crime, technological advancement and environmental enhancement outweigh the costs of membership of the EU.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm not sleepwalking to anything, don't insult my intelligence.

I'm fully aware of the differences between the powers of the EU and those of the British parliament.

Anyone with an ounce of economic or financial background can see the broad benefits of having a single market. The arguments put forward by the naysayers are based on emotion, not analysis.

Given a choice between higher or lower economic growth I choose the former, as the benefits, in terms of health, unemployment, education, life expectancy, crime, technological advancement and environmental enhancement outweigh the costs of membership of the EU.

No. I have a right to vote for what I want. Whether I get my choice or not is irrelevant. At least I will have had my say. If your ideology comes to pass nobody will ever get to vote again (already proven model in Greece for example). This country once voted for a single market. Turns out we didn't, we apparently voted for unelected federal Europe or have I got history wrong?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My thread but I don't know how to time limit it from here. Anyone? Midnight tomoz probably

Midnight tomorrow seems fair enough. Not sure how to set a time limit although a mod would probably be able to help you with that...

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
In. I also expect there to be a large IN majority after a couple of days. The OUT camp make a lot of noise and try and create a bit fear (see Rivet's post about a DICTATORSHIP!? above) but really, as your man William Baldwin said "the empty vessels make the loudest sound".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here