Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA, Bridcutt and Poyet ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Palace bid for Bridcutt in August. The club turned it down. Conspiracies abound.

But that was palace, the club who had just prevented us from reaching the premier league, our most hated rivals !!

No way would Bloom sell to them at that time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Are the club deliberately playing hardball with Bridcutt because of the way Poyet left the club ?

I reckon if any other team came in for him, we would accept their offer.

Because Poyet is involved I reckon we are putting up as many barriers as possible.

Thoughts ?

Yes. Without a doubt.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If we hadn't sacked him he couldn't poach our players :moo:

Mr. Poyet was going whether the club sacked him or not. I think that is beyond doubt now.

Among the many hundreds of rumours at the time, one that caught my attention from a 'reasonable' source, was that Bridcutt was one of the players that Poyet said he would take with him.....before he was sacked.

Aug 23, 2011
Mr. Poyet was going whether the club sacked him or not. I think that is beyond doubt now.

Among the many hundreds of rumours at the time, one that caught my attention from a 'reasonable' source, was that Bridcutt was one of the players that Poyet said he would take with him.....before he was sacked.

I was joking :)

He wouldn't be the first manager to raid his previous club for players, see moyes as a recent example. Maybe he did say he would take them with him (bet hes not the first or last to do it) or maybe he said something ambiguous like "when I'm in the premier league I want you to be playing for me" which could be interpretated as when brighton go up he still thinks various players will be important. Anyway i always think that it's fairly irrelevant as players have contracts and need to be bought out so he could have said whatever he liked but doesn't mean he could make it happen

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've just been playing around on Google. Liam Bridcutt's agent was Mark Cartwright. Gus Poyet's agent was Athole Still. Maybe one of them has changed recently?
It doesn't appear that they do have the same agent.

I remember reading on Nsc that Bridge & Poyet had the same agent until someone did some digging and proved that one wrong.

Aug 23, 2011
I've just been playing around on Google. Liam Bridcutt's agent was Mark Cartwright. Gus Poyet's agent was Athole Still. Maybe one of them has changed recently?
It doesn't appear that they do have the same agent.

I remember reading on Nsc that Bridge & Poyet had the same agent until someone did some digging and proved that one wrong.

Looking up mark Cartwright and it appears he stopped being an agent in 2012 but I didn't search further to see who represented liam

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The club just want a fair price for him, I don't think it make any difference what club it is. The bid for Buckers was just a wind-up from Gus..

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Aug 23, 2011

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
My thoughts are that the club wish to retain LB until the end of the season to help spearhead the promotion push. If we go up I would think he may stay anyway, if not he will go to a PL team in the summer. He is our player, under contract and we don't need to sell him now. He is also not the type to sulk if we don't accept his transfer request. I think only a silly offer will see him go in this window.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
My thoughts are that the club wish to retain LB until the end of the season to help spearhead the promotion push. If we go up I would think he may stay anyway, if not he will go to a PL team in the summer. He is our player, under contract and we don't need to sell him now. He is also not the type to sulk if we don't accept his transfer request. I think only a silly offer will see him go in this window.

Makes sense to me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here