Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Oscar be THAT bothered if Bridcutt goes?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gutted to be losing one of the best looking players ever to pull on a Brighton shirt outside of Orlandi, Vicente and Robert Codner. Life can be a real bitch sometimes.

Case, Horton, Danny Wilson, Grealish just a few more

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ince, Andrews and Crofts have been performing better than Liam this season performing similar roles. I'm not too bothered as long as we get 3M+

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well if he is sold Oscar should be allowed to bring his players in. Still think he will stay till the summer though and then be allowed to leave

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bridcutt was more suited to the poyet system in terms of patience and small less exspansive passing. As much as i dislike to lose him i would be interested to see who Oscar spends the money on. Centre mis is the 1 area we seem to be able to cover with ease

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Let me start by saying that I am a huge Liam Bridcutt fan. However, he is everything that Gus Poyet represents in terms of footballing style; calm on the ball, slow build up, defensive minded etc...

None of those are negatives, but I think losing Bridcutt will allow the likes of Ince and Agustein to come into their own now and let Oscar play more of his style of football rather than attempting to fit Liam in when he's more suited to a slower build up. We've done alright without him recently.

If Oscar can get £3.5m+ for him, I don't think he'll lose too much sleep. Gutted he's going but onwards and upwards.

Im with you on these points. Liam's head has clearly gone judging on his recent performances. Like you I'm a big fan of his however I can hear Gus Poyet's voice now in my head selling him the dream. I just wish he was joining a better team than Sunderland. Either way he will be joining a team in a relegation battle but no doubt on a top wage. We would be mad to turn down anything less than £4mill, then use this money to but another top striker.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It will be sad to see him go but I think andrews can cover that 'sitting' role comfortably, and as I saw at reading, he always looks to play the ball forwards.

Is this the same Keith Andrews I see who plays 60%+ of the balls he receives backwards? He may look to play the ball forwards, but he then thinks better of it, and plays it backwards. Most of the time.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Is this the same Keith Andrews I see who plays 60%+ of the balls he receives backwards? He may look to play the ball forwards, but he then thinks better of it, and plays it backwards. Most of the time.

Andrews isn't the answer long term but can plug the hole if we need someone defensive minded. I think oscars vision is to have 3 central mids taking turns to go forward. This would work VERY well with Ince, Agustein and Crofts. They all have the ability to hang back and also push forward. Throw JFC and Andrews, into the mix too and we have ourselves a strong midfield without Liam.

I would then see Ulloa upfront with 2 of:
Lua Lua, Barnes, Buckley, Orlandi, (Conway), CMS taking the winger/forward roles.

The flexibility within that system is bound to confuse and unlock defences in the Championship. The key being that any of them can attack at any given moment.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Left out David. Him and Orlandi could feature as wingers or centrally but I think the 3 CMs work best if they can all hold when needed too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here