Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Electronic Music Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So. I’m off to Sonar this year. Here’s the line up https://sonar.es/en/2019/artists

I am familiar with the bigger names eg Four Tet, Floating Points, Dan Avery, Erol Arkan, Max Cooper. Any tips from the more obscure end of the line up?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Молчат Дома (Molchat Doma) - Этажи
Ace 80's sounding coldwave / darkwave / post-punk / synth pop from Minsk, Belarus. Already something of a minor classic.

This couldn't sound more up my street. Will listen later.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So. I’m off to Sonar this year. Here’s the line up https://sonar.es/en/2019/artists

I am familiar with the bigger names eg Four Tet, Floating Points, Dan Avery, Erol Arkan, Max Cooper. Any tips from the more obscure end of the line up?

Was gonna say Max Cooper but see you've got him.

Fennesz is potentially worth a look?
Ross From Friends if you don't mind some warm electronica with a bit of 90's house.
SebastiAn's stuff if you like Justice and that kinda thing.

Obviously you're aware of Underworld.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is absolutely ace; 80s Soviet Synthpop. Great song, great sound, great voice, miserable audience, and a band member who clearly didn't get the memo!

It's become a new favourite of mine.

Really enjoyed this

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Might see you out there! Saw Haai at Lost Village and she was great, she recently completed a very successful residency at Phonox. Daphni is Carabou so always worth checking out. Red Axes been producing really good stuff and will be well up my to see list if I make it over. Avoid Dixon, almost bored me to sleep last time I saw him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Might see you out there! Saw Haai at Lost Village and she was great, she recently completed a very successful residency at Phonox. Daphni is Carabou so always worth checking out. Red Axes been producing really good stuff and will be well up my to see list if I make it over. Avoid Dixon, almost bored me to sleep last time I saw him.

She warmed up for Jon Hopkins.

If you’re there and fancy meeting for a beer let me know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, been listening to Dr Rubinstein a lot recently. She has some excellent mixes on Soundcloud. Grounded in techno but adds squelchy acid and some driving beats in as well.

I appreciate I’m late to her game; a good friend recommended her only recently.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here