Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hating this transfer window so far

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
A month or so and a long time if ever respectively

If that is true then maybe we can survive with just Ulloa and Ubika. Those two would need to get us through one month.

For some reason I don't believe CMS will ever play again, seems so long.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If that is true then maybe we can survive with just Ulloa and Ubika. Those two would need to get us through one month.

For some reason I don't believe CMS will ever play again, seems so long.

I think if Barnes goes we'll get someone else in.

Obika may have been rushed in for the weekend, but was probably coming anyway. Barker going created that space in the squad for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Getting worse by the day :down:

Barnes almost certainly on his way out and I doubt Bridcutt will have any desire to pull on an Albion shirt if he stays.

Hardly anybody rumoured to be coming in and those that are are pretty underwhelming to me.

I suppose I should be glad we've signed Obika but from what I've seen he's done nothing elsewhere on loan and was probably signed as a back up although now he might be a first choice by default.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
OK then, since his arrival, which signing hand on heart would you say Oscar said to the club go and get him for me?
Do you think that Sunderland as a club are telling Poyet to go get Bridcutt and Buckley or the other way around?

This is an unreasonable request. Oscar arrived too late in the summer to really do anything on the transfer front, as his first priority was to get to know his squad. OK, you might say, didn't he have a few months to watch videos of the players. Yes, he did, but how good would that have been for identifying Rohan Ince, for example? Note what happened when Oscar went to Maccabi Tel Aviv. He only bought two players. This suggests that he's largely happy to work with an extant squad, and develop it, and mould it to his expectations and philosophy of football.
Your question about Poyet illustrates the way that Poyet operates, which so many of us have been exposed to. Oscar operates in a different way. It's striking that he admitted that he trusted Nathan's judgement in his comments related to the loan signing of Obika.
The Oscar signings that I want to see are the follows:
-- Barcelona youth signings, that are raw and talented, along the lines Deulofeu
-- perhaps Conway, if Oscar wants to sign him
-- one or two excellent players that cost a lot of money (rather than loads of players that cost a similar amount of money) that he thinks will really enhance the squad.
I'd imagine only the second of these three are available in this transfer window.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Getting worse by the day :down:

Barnes almost certainly on his way out and I doubt Bridcutt will have any desire to pull on an Albion shirt if he stays.

Hardly anybody rumoured to be coming in and those that are are pretty underwhelming to me.

I suppose I should be glad we've signed Obika but from what I've seen he's done nothing elsewhere on loan and was probably signed as a back up although now he might be a first choice by default.

Icy, I managed to put a positive gloss on this the other day, and you seemed to accept it. I can understand that today's events prop up your view, but wait until the close of the transfer window. We'll see then. At the moment, we're all in the dark. Even those in the know don't know which ways things will turn (Barnes to Burnley or to Leeds? -- I was also going to propose the option of him staying at Brighton, but that really doesn't seem likely at this moment) but, ultimately, in Oscar, Bloom, Barber and Burke, I think things are in capable hands. But as I said, we shall see.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This window is now so much better with the new contract extension for Ince.

We can now pile a lot of the money from the sale of Bridcutt into the pot for a new striker, along with the fee for Ashley Barnes.

We may even be able to get Conway with the change as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here