Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand yesterday

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
think you're all getting a bit carried away here. Its because I was in the NS yesterday, and usually sit in the west. That was the difference...

And err, no I'm not joking ;)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was in the NS yesterday, instead of my usual WSU. My boy loved it there and wants to go there every game, he joined in the singing and generally had a good time. Me? I loved the atmosphere but missed the view I get from my usual seat - did make a nice change though. I'll be back

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've been in the North from the start and love it but the one aspect that does frustrate me sometimes is the lack of co-ordination between the two sides of the stand.

If we could just get that right it would be fantastic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sat more centrally than usual in WSL, and this made a big difference to how audible that NS was compared to my usual seat not a million miles from the SW. I think we all need to learn that sound does not travel well in The Amex, very contrary to what we were told.

Moved to SW in second half, much more fun........

I arrived early yesterday because I'd done some overtime at work, & noticed that sound was travelling when there weren't many people in. It seems as though the bigger the crowd the more the noise is absorbed rather than resounding, if that makes sense?

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
I wouldn't understand if there was a rivalry in the north stand it wouldn't make sense. We support the same team. We should be happy we got a fantastic stadium and we have lots of people who want to come along so we should all get together and unify.
From what i no there is no rivalry between any of the groups in the north . It was a big own goal going under the police box as you can not hear what is going on in the rest of the North Stand . The thing is love it or hate it songs need to be sung for a while so the whole stand picks it up . I would love to get a group together in the middle of the North but can't see it happening as people will not move out of there seats to let it happen . Football for me and the people who i mix with is about supporting the team . We now have a beer in the Lord Nelson before games come along be part of it . One Albion .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Too many visitors in the NS yesterday dulled it from its usual. I even had an imposter behind me ask me to sit down. 5 mins later he had moved.

IMO those visitors helped you get a few more chants going, and kept them going longer that usual.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
From what i no there is no rivalry between any of the groups in the north . It was a big own goal going under the police box as you can not hear what is going on in the rest of the North Stand . The thing is love it or hate it songs need to be sung for a while so the whole stand picks it up . I would love to get a group together in the middle of the North but can't see it happening as people will not move out of there seats to let it happen . Football for me and the people who i mix with is about supporting the team . We now have a beer in the Lord Nelson before games come along be part of it . One Albion .

Thanks for taking the time to share the words on Saturday to the two new songs, we are sat in the middle north and need you back to where you were last season behind the goal, keep it up.
I want to tell you I really want too:clap2:

IMO those visitors helped you get a few more chants going, and kept them going longer that usual.

That's the impression I got too in my first NS experience since the Goldstone days - almost rekindled my youth and thought it was a very good experience and good atmosphere - would love to alternate NS with my superb WSU perch but sadly not practical.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
From my usual WSU vantage, the noise was definitely better than usual from the NS, especially in the first half. It was quieter where we are, partly because of empty seats and partly because some of the more noisy fans in WSU had taken up the NS option.

Whilst I don't agree with drums, goal music and 'artificial' atmosphere, I do think a megaphone for a chant leader would be worth a try in the NS. The benefits of everyone singing together are huge as when one song is loud enough the whole ground joins in and that is what we need to intimidate the away team. For example, the Go Left song, led by a megaphone, could get half the ground joining in and sounds so much better.

PG

surferdave

Nov 24, 2012
Whilst I don't agree with drums said:
Agree with this, every club on the continent do exactly this, the majority of which have amazing atmospheres at their ground, and seems a viable solution to the main problem which is the lack of co-ordination between the fans.
Video of Legia Warsaw doing it - not sure we would take it this far :lol:

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Agree with this, every club on the continent do exactly this, the majority of which have amazing atmospheres at their ground, and seems a viable solution to the main problem which is the lack of co-ordination between the fans.
Video of Legia Warsaw doing it - not sure we would take it this far :lol:

Megaphone ? , if you cant hear the judge loud and clear , then i suggest you are either , stone deaf or dead. On my recent journeys south i can hear him... So enough of all this euro fan megaphone bollocks , and just get into being loud and proud.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing

I think its good keeping songs going then everyone else gets a chance to get involved and join in. I would love to have more singing around me, I sit in the north stand area n1h. I kind of sing on my own and now have one other person joining in with me but would be nice to get a big group together.
Sorry to sound stupid but Where is The Lord Nelson? I just love watching the albion and singing along and it's my first season as a STH it's great but could be better with more singing around me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Didn't have a chance to come and say hello on Saturday, but I wasn't too far from you in N1G, and thoroughly enjoyed the belting out of the new Ince number. In fact, I've been singing / humming it ever since. A fine effort. Needs to be taken up in full on Saturday. How's the bike? I think mine might need some cobwebs brushing off...

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Megaphone ? , if you cant hear the judge loud and clear , then i suggest you are either , stone deaf or dead. On my recent journeys south i can hear him... So enough of all this euro fan megaphone bollocks , and just get into being loud and proud.

I can't hear him that well in WSU and I would like to sing along. With the megaphone we could have the WHOLE GROUND singing along. Now that would be amazing

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
I think its good keeping songs going then everyone else gets a chance to get involved and join in. I would love to have more singing around me, I sit in the north stand area n1h. I kind of sing on my own and now have one other person joining in with me but would be nice to get a big group together.
Sorry to sound stupid but Where is The Lord Nelson? I just love watching the albion and singing along and it's my first season as a STH it's great but could be better with more singing around me.
Mate the Lord Nelson is down Trafalgar Street . :drink:

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Didn't have a chance to come and say hello on Saturday, but I wasn't too far from you in N1G, and thoroughly enjoyed the belting out of the new Ince number. In fact, I've been singing / humming it ever since. A fine effort. Needs to be taken up in full on Saturday. How's the bike? I think mine might need some cobwebs brushing off...[/QUO
I wanna tell you must get out on the bike soon .

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Has the judge moved permanently to N1F, the atmosphere is much better when there is a group in the middle, who all want to sing. Thats why away games always have a good atmosphere as those who want to sing go to the area where the judge and his group are

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think the club should clear about 100 seats in the middle behind he goal and let Judge, the Nsk and celery boys move from there from wherever. Compulsory purchase laws in football. Only way it will happen, that or it'll only naturally happen if we spend 10years in lowest division as these guys will always go long after JCLs have deserted their present seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here