Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand yesterday

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I normally inhabit WSU on match days so yesterday I thought I would give ESU a chance. Well, as expected, it was pretty quiet in there but I am pleased to tell you that noise from the North Stand was DECENT, AND you were louder than the Reading fans. Maybe it was because all seats were occupied towards the back?

Just wanted to let you know this as some of you are clearly devastated that it is not a cauldron of noise at the moment with talk of migration to the SW corner. (Why not have BOTH, we used to bait the North Stand from behind the South Stand back in the 70s.)

Tell you what, stop whinging about the atmosphere, breaking up into factions, and contemplating your navels, and get behind the team from the North Stand. I KNOW you can do it. :clap2:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We were in WSL and the North was singing, to some degree, all through the game, which was good. I think the difference between the North and the away section is that away fans tend to sing in unison, whereas in the North - as is well documented - there are apparently rival groups who seem reluctant to join any chant started by the other lot, and indeed sometimes try to drown them out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the 70's we would sing "South Stand , South Stand give us a song , South Stand give us a song" when we saw the clapping but couldn't hear the noise :lol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
From the comfort of my Radio I could hear the North Stand and the away support. North Stand seemed to be trying out a few old favorites

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was in the SWC yesterday and I was surprised to see the North wasn't nearly as bad as some on here make out
Could hear them loud and clear all game, although the away fans were noisy too and from my regularr seat in the NS probably would have thought they were silent

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Probably the best atmosphere we've had in the north for a while. I hope it continues.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
NS was a big improvement, long may it continue. Just got to get the whole of those back 4 rows coordinated and you'll have cracked it. The rest of the ground tends to increase in volume when the NS gets it going, sing up North Stand :clap:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
First ever time in the NS yesterday having normally sat in the WSU.
Thought the atmosphere was excellent, sang my heart out and stood all game!Will be going back when I can, SWC looked decent, but I couldn't hear the away fans at all. I guess it has to be the ground acoustics.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
NS was a big improvement, long may it continue. Just got to get the whole of those back 4 rows coordinated and you'll have cracked it. The rest of the ground tends to increase in volume when the NS gets it going, sing up North Stand :clap:

I have mentioned it before and why not again: Give the Judge a LOUDHALER like the continentals!!!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sat more centrally than usual in WSL, and this made a big difference to how audible that NS was compared to my usual seat not a million miles from the SW. I think we all need to learn that sound does not travel well in The Amex, very contrary to what we were told.

Moved to SW in second half, much more fun........

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was in my usual WSU seat but, despite the smaller crowd, the atmosphere was much better and the NS had a good variety of songs & chants, and that helped get the rest of the crowd going. Seemed like loads of newcomers near me but they were all getting into the spirit of it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There seems to be 2 volumes of noise from the NS, usually they tend to sing but it hardly travels down the ground and so sounds fairly quite from the Southern end of the WSU (must be smaller groups singing) however when the whole NS seems to join in together it does sound really loud and impressive but sadly this occurs too infrequently.

The away fans tend to sing together and in enough numbers to sound fairly loud and drown out the NS unless the NS has nearly everyone joining in.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Too many visitors in the NS yesterday dulled it from its usual. I even had an imposter behind me ask me to sit down. 5 mins later he had moved.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
In the 70's we would sing "South Stand , South Stand give us a song , South Stand give us a song" when we saw the clapping but couldn't hear the noise :lol:

As a South Stand Boy,the song,usually was "South Stand,South Stand,Do Your Job"
Which was an invitation to give grief to the away fans celebrating a goal.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I wouldn't understand if there was a rivalry in the north stand it wouldn't make sense. We support the same team. We should be happy we got a fantastic stadium and we have lots of people who want to come along so we should all get together and unify.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I wouldn't understand if there was a rivalry in the north stand it wouldn't make sense. We support the same team. We should be happy we got a fantastic stadium and we have lots of people who want to come along so we should all get together and unify.

Exactly the point I was trying to make in starting this thread. The problem is that if a fan or group of fans has an idea you can be sure someone will pipe up to moan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here