Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Player Vs YouTube Channel

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Could someone please explain to me why the player on our official website has such awful quality compared to the official Brighton YouTube channel?

OK, you get more content on player, but you would expect as much from a subscription service. its 2014 guys, lets have some 1080p highlights and what-not

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'd imagine that YouTube gives more options for uploading higher quality video. Player is god awful and the club can't help that, it maybe (and I'm probably wrong) that player restricts what can be uploaded in terms of quality.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I'd imagine that YouTube gives more options for uploading higher quality video. Player is god awful and the club can't help that, it maybe (and I'm probably wrong) that player restricts what can be uploaded in terms of quality.

Spot on. Hopefully this will be looked at next close season by FL. We have raised it with both FLi and PERFORM. Especially, when you consider the live stream quality. We would love for that to be part of the Player package, including the possibility of actually streaming live games to fans based outside the UK.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably down to bandwidth, storage etc. YouTube are obviously significantly bigger than Perform

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Spot on. Hopefully this will be looked at next close season by FL. We have raised it with both FLi and PERFORM. Especially, when you consider the live stream quality. We would love for that to be part of the Player package, including the possibility of actually streaming live games to fans based outside the UK.

Streaming games live to those outside of the UK is a must. Huge bonus for those overseas (unless over priced) and a decent commercial return for the club (unless those goons nick it all)

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005

I love how forward thinking the club are in terms of exploring new media avenues, it's a credit to everyone involved.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Time to invest in a decent VPN from the sounds of it :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here