Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How was catering in your stand at the Reading game ?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I normally sit in East stand upper where getting a drink can be very difficult and we do not bother now at half time.on New Year's Day only half the cash points were being used.
At the Reading game we sat in West Upper at the North End.This was a completely different experience. All the cash points had staff and there were no queues although there was a constant stream of people.Perhaps it was because there was about 6000 less people.How was East Upper?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Seemed pretty normal in the west upper. There weren't 6,000 fewer people it was roughly the same as normal.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Got tickets for the North N1E rather than my usual ESL. A dodgy back normally prevents me standing for long periods of time, hence my ST being in ESL. Junior GG is nearly 15 and likes a bit of singing/banter and wanted to visit the North. Being a former Goldstone North stander, how could I deny him??

Prefer the north concourse to the ESL, all the pictures on the wall etc. Got there just after 2pm, no queue for beer, they serve Kronenbourg and got my choice of pie.

Atmosphere was ok, but I can now see the north stand regulars frustration with the singing. It sounded like the group near the big screen were competing with the other group under the security box. Can't see the north ever generating a decent atmosphere unless that changes.

4 blokes turned up to my left, one of which was totally off his face and spent most of the first half trying to provoke the 4 people on front of him for no apparent reason. The 4 to my left didn't show for the second half. Very bizarre!

All in all, not a bad experience, But wouldn't want to be there for every match. Prefer my usual half way line view.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I was in the ESU and it was the same as ever. I asked for a pint of Fosters and a pint of cider. I was then asked which cider I would like. Kronenbourg cider, Fosters cider, Strongbow cider or Harveys cider. He wasn't trying to be funny so I asked for the Strongbow cider. He served me with a smile and said "Enjoy the game" as I walked away so he was doing his best bless him. I found it amusing and it reminded me of the time I asked for a Bovril and was asked by the nice young lady behind the till if that was alcohol.
I have found that the queues move much quicker in the West and North Stands. Maybe they get the staff to cut their teeth in the East ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was in WSL, I wanted a pre-match pie (Breakfast) and a bottle of Coke....I got both with a minimum of fuss.

No complaints here.

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
First trip into the WSU. Arrived later than usual due to parking arrangements, but quickly served on arrival with everything our party wanted available.

Queued up a little later at half-time for hot drinks and got served quicker than ever we do in the ESL.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I went in the north instead of EU. Could not believe that at 2.45 I could walk straight to the counter, no queue and and all the food options were available. There would be little if any choice in EU at that time and virtually zero chance of getting to the front of the queue in 15 minutes.

Also less congestion with the TV's all along the walls, a much better arrangement than EU.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I was in the WSU rather than my normal seat in the North. Arrived 2.45, no queues, everything available, managed a 3P half time (something i've never managed in the North) and had a leisurely pint afterwards with no queues. I guessed it was down to the low numbers.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I tried ESU for the first time. Had no problem getting s pie or a pint, but you are right about the arrangement of TV's in WSU being better than ESU. Also, why are there more women's toilets than men's in ESU?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I went in the north instead of EU. Could not believe that at 2.45 I could walk straight to the counter, no queue and and all the food options were available. There would be little if any choice in EU at that time and virtually zero chance of getting to the front of the queue in 15 minutes.

Also less congestion with the TV's all along the walls, a much better arrangement than EU.

There were no pies at all in the ESU (North end) at 2:45 yesterday. I managed to get some around 3:30 as they began stocking up for half-time.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Start of the second half I popped into the WSU concourse to grab a couple of pies for my Dad and I. No queues, but they cocked up my order and ended up giving Dad a steak pie instead of the breakfast one. It's not like I was speaking French, so there was no way they could have mis-heard me. Still, we didn't mind, the pies themselves were nice and hot and tasty as well.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
We went in ESU for the first time, south end, and were pleasantly surprised how quickly we got served, with it being around 2.20. Got our breakfast pies and even got two more about 10 minutes later. However, they guy had no idea about the meal deal thing. Which I duly explained to him while pointing at the huge board above his head.

Nice to be able to get a guest pie for once, in the North I reckon they only stock about 6. Maybe 7 at a push.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here