Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Feeling Today

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Took my uncle, who hasn't been for nigh on 25 years, his first words were "wow it takes your breath away". He loved it. Anyone else notice how there weren't so many 80th minute early leavers.....? J

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Great performance from the 'B' team against a very poor Reading side. And, considering the small crowd and a good deal of newby's, a pretty good atmosphere too with a fair amount of singing. Nice.

I think you had to be in the north stand to hear the singing today... I was in 1901 south and didn't hear the north once.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Sat in the WSU for only the second time yesterday. Fantastic view and a comfortable win against a pretty average Reading side although given our dominance, the game should have been put to bed long before the end. However a win is a win and we're in the next round which is what counts.

Yesterday was a great incentive by the club to get bums on seats. Hopefully many of the first timers will come back again. Should we get a 'naff' home draw next round, hopefully the club will do it again.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My first game of the season; we were in ESU surrounded by loads of kids. Great to see, although it did spoil my matchday experience slightly as I couldn't stand shout and swear like the unwanted throwback I am. Thought the performance was way better than that shocking televised game against Bournemouth. I don't know any of the players but I thought the little lad did well and the other little lad.

EDIT: And I thought us part-timers and daytrippers (aided by quite a noisy away following) generated a reasonable atmosphere. Certainly better than some of the league games I went to last season.

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
We had a load of kids and their parents sitting directly behind us . Enjoyable experience some funny comments that only a kid could come out with. Also their Dad trying to explain the ' you're shit chant'. The kids just looked at each other knowingly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Only issue I had was t here were some newbies sitting behind me a few seats along. The two women insisted all game in putting their dirty boots on the back of the seat in front. No respect.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It was great today. None of the usual stress and tension, funny how the cup has got like that. We usually sit in WSU, but went in ESU today. Great view, both of the pitch and the West Stand. Lots of newbies 'up for the cup' and a really good performance that showed the depth and quality of our squad.

I was far more stressed to because it was a cup game!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I took two g'kids today, who had only seen friendlies before. They thoroughly enjoyed the view & atmosphere of WSU. Really good day.

there were many new faces including many children in ESU today and this is to be welcomed, as the more that come will help the club financially, and of course they may get hooked. Yes, things took a little longer with so many not used to the routine (Bridge car park and getting into the ESU) but this is a small price to pay. Really entertaining game and well done to the team -SM looks a real prospect, as we suspected was the case. One very minor observation, despite many folk at the club stressing the importance of the cup, a reduced-size programme suggests that in reality they don't really think that - it would not have happened for a league game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The really good thing about the game was that, as evidenced by this thread, it allowed a lot of kids to come who haven't been before and who hopefully will become Albion fans from now on and thus helps to catch up on the lost generation gap created by the Goldstone and Gillingham turmoils.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
atmosphere of the stadium was better there I thought.

The kiosk staff were far much more on the ball and had the sense to have around 30 pints poured after the game. No shortage of food either unlike the shambles of no beer or pies last Wednesday on New Years Day in the West Upper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here