Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No pace, no strength, always falling over under a challenge, no height, poor ball control and a total lack of instinct in front of goal.
He's a journeyman pro who will do okay at a level below The Championship.
He is one of the least talented centre forwards I can remember. In fact I'd say he has probably proved that centre forward is definitely not his position.
He's a thorough trier, I ll give you that, but there is no way this club will ever gain promotion with him leading the line.

Words fail me

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Deserves the support of fans as he's been fantastic for us since joining. He's still young and has scored more than 50 goals for our club. Some 'fans' attitudes are atrocious to Ashley and they should be ashamed of themselves. Really hope we keep him, but if we do sell, I hope the fans at that potential club appreciate him as they should. He has earned your support

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Barnes was superb today. He is one of the most driven and committed players in our team and I will be very sorry to see him go if he did.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No pace, no strength, always falling over under a challenge, no height, poor ball control and a total lack of instinct in front of goal.
He is one of the least talented centre forwards I can remember

"One of the least talented centre forwards I can remember"?

That suggests that either you're under eleven or you're suffering from
some sort of severe amnesia.

I could, off the top of my head, without so much as a Google, name you at least ten centre forwards to have played for the Albion who were far worse on every single level.

D

Deleted member 22389

I get lots of this too!

There's a guy behind me the crucifies Barnes, constantly shouts 'move the ball' for no apparent reason and tactically never left the mid seventies.

It'll always be the way though, no matter what the club.

would that be in the north stand?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Farrington, Aidan Newhouse, Richard Tiltman, Ricardo Gabbiadini, Sam Williams, Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Valur Gislason, Mark McCammon, Maheta Molango.

I'm sure the combined wits of NSC will be able to suggest considerably more who are, without the slightest question, Far Worse Than Barnes.

Aug 23, 2011
Mark Farrington, Aidan Newhouse, Richard Tiltman, Ricardo Gabbiadini, Sam Williams, Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Valur Gislason, Mark McCammon, Maheta Molango.

I'm sure the combined wits of NSC will be able to suggest considerably more who are, without the slightest question, Far Worse Than Barnes.

Jamie Moralee?

Aug 23, 2011
He is one of the least talented centre forwards I can remember. In fact I'd say he has probably proved that centre forward is definitely not his position.
He's a thorough trier, I ll give you that, but there is no way this club will ever gain promotion with him leading the line.

I know you don't deserve a response but do you not remember how close we came to promotion last year and Barnes played a considerable part of the season.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Dave Cameron?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
He really needs to bag a couple so he knows he can score. He is looking more and more frustrated each game when he misses one of these 'sitters'. He has energy, knows how to take the pressure off the back 4, wins fouls and strong. Just because he isn't the most clinical player in the league doesn't make his the worst. As I have said on here there is more then one type of forward; the ones that love to score and the ones that lead the line. Unfortunately, the ones that do both are the world class players plying their trade at the world's top clubs.

I don't like to break it to anyone, but Suarez, Rooney or Ibrahimovic are not going to be pulling on the blue and white stripes for a while.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

More recently Chris Holroyd and Liam Dickinson?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Cameron, Ferguson, Holroyd, Moralee, Dickenson, all good calls.

Think of someone like Andy Kennedy back in the (?) late 80s/ early 90s. Barnes is far better than the likes of him.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I agree he should be expected to take that chance but it wasn't necessarily the 'sitter' that is being claimed. Firstly it came to him unexpectedly and at pace from the bar and also the reading defender did well to get across him.

sorry it was an open goal and a free header bad miss

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Chris McPhee!!!!!

Centre forward who went on a 'barren run' of about SIXTY games!

FWIW, I thought Barnes was outstanding today. I'll reserve judgement on the 'sitter' until I've seen it again. All depends how high it came back to him. Might have been a lot more difficult to keep down than some are suggesting.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Joe Gatting. Jake Robinson. Scott Ramsay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here