Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading "hooligans"

Reading did used to have quite a handy little group bitd. Led in the main by Andy Frain but once he left the scene all his little followers basically grew up and stopped going, or were banned.

Interestingly noone seems to know what has happened to frain, I've even heard rumours he moved to Norfolk and has since died. Does anyone else know? DR?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Reading are an absolute non-entity in every respect. Put them in the same bracket as MK Dons, Wigan and Colchester. Clubs that the world could seriously do without, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. The fact they have individuals willing to put themselves up as lads is simply staggering.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Reading did used to have quite a handy little group bitd. Led in the main by Andy Frain but once he left the scene all his little followers basically grew up and stopped going, or were banned.

Interestingly noone seems to know what has happened to frain, I've even heard rumours he moved to Norfolk and has since died. Does anyone else know? DR?

Last I heard he was banged up for a row in Scotland.

Jan 30, 2008

think Andy frain was linked with CFC headhunters, didn't he get banged up ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Reading are an absolute non-entity in every respect. Put them in the same bracket as MK Dons, Wigan and Colchester. Clubs that the world could seriously do without, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. The fact they have individuals willing to put themselves up as lads is simply staggering.
me and three others got ambushed in Reading town centre by around 10 of them years ago , put one of them on the floor IN SELF DEFENCE AND MADE MY EXIT:eek:

Frainy was CFC and Reading, a lot of Reading fans used to be either chelski or west ham as well as 'Reading'. And he was being repeatedly banged up. Last I actually heard he was in Reading was about 10 years ago or so and he was drinking in the Rose and Thistle. They all left the town centre after the Mitre and the Butler shut.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

Think you need to have a rethink about Wigan

me and three others got ambushed in Reading town centre by around 10 of them years ago , put one of them on the floor IN SELF DEFENCE AND MADE MY EXIT:eek:

I think I may remember that day. I was drinking in the Hobgoblin and there was a lot of running backwards and forwards going on. So we watched out of the window and got drunk :drink: :drink:

Jan 30, 2008
Frainy was CFC and Reading, a lot of Reading fans used to be either chelski or west ham as well as 'Reading'. And he was being repeatedly banged up. Last I actually heard he was in Reading was about 10 years ago or so and he was drinking in the Rose and Thistle. They all left the town centre after the Mitre and the Butler shut.
the Mitre, is that the one across from the station on the corner ???
regards
DR

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

The charming Mr Frain was banged-up about 18 months ago, after participating in a spot of organised thuggery at Glasgow Central Staion:-

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-thugs-banned-matches-43-2303442

F me, he's never going to grow up is he. 49 now and still at it. His kids must be so proud to have a dad who not only has been convicted multiple times for football hooliganism but who was also at one time the only British member of the KKK.

I would love it for his son to come out as gay and bring home a black boyfriend.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

How old is that pic US?

Oxford.jpg

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
You have no idea how sad that statement makes me , and a few others on here I should imagine .

Trust me, Bushy. I don't say that without a bit of frustration myself. I know a few older fans understand how the FA cup use to be, but unfortunately how football culture in some sense has developed over the past decade, it's to be expected.

I have to give credit to the SWC lot though, looks like in a season's time that corner could be rocking. But it's going to take a while and a change in legislation to get the atmospheres of yesteryear. Hopefully a review into safestanding will happen, chanting and creating an atmosphere from a seated position is a lot different from standing in the away end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dreaming Spires is dull, and brings nothing of interest to NSC, but he supports Oxford United. Posting this pic, nice as it is, is as relevant as posting one of Whitehawk's ground to prove that we are tinpot.

I suspect he may also be a closet Palace fan :safeway:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
F me, he's never going to grow up is he. 49 now and still at it. His kids must be so proud to have a dad who not only has been convicted multiple times for football hooliganism but who was also at one time the only British member of the KKK.

I would love it for his son to come out as gay and bring home a black boyfriend.

He can also be seen on YouTube video of some aggro on the kings road v Cardiff a few years ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here