Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March man of the match today

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Great to see Solly have such a good game but I think Crofts shaded MOM.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Think Solly did enough to stay in the team. I would definately have him in front of the useless Lopez! It was great to actually have eleven players out there today with no passengers!

Agree. Lopez should be on the bench for Brum next Saturday. March did more than enough today to warrant a first team place. He deserved his man of the match award.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Wouldn't disagree with that. Really rate the lad.. Barnes put another excellent shift in as did crofts and chiksen.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Chicksen really won a regular place. He was brilliant, and so alert. Calderon and El Abd just aren't responsive enough, for me. As much as I like them both.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
March was excellent in the first half. Chicksen was a revelation. Andrews much improved. Crofts outstanding and Barnes very, VERY hard working. Would've been happy with any of them. I also think Lua Lua should be given a miniature or something for 'cameo of the day'. Chipping past two defenders right in front of me was flair but not quite as flair as beating the same two defenders twice before getting a corner by kicking the ball out off a defender's ankle deliberately and giving it the large to the West Stand like some DJ getting the crowd up in the last hour of a rave.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just shows about opinions I thought Crofts was very subdued to day and that Andrews was the best midfielder over 90 mins although Agustein shone for he first 45 mins but tired and faded as did March.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Plenty of effort all round, to be fair, but Barnes worked harder than anyone in a pretty thankless role. Good on him.

I agree, it's not the easiest position to play when your isolated for periods of the game. He does try his best, nobody can argue that.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Just shows about opinions I thought Crofts was very subdued to day and that Andrews was the best midfielder over 90 mins although Agustein shone for he first 45 mins but tired and faded as did March.

Can't disagree here.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I was given the good fortune to be party with the sponsors, Wynne Baxter Solicitors today & the first time in my Albion years had input as to man of the match.

Thought that whilst no player was streets ahead, giving the award to Solly would increase his confidence
, he had a good game & could have scored.

He was really pleased with the award at the photo presentation after the game, though I did joke with him if he is old enough to drink the bubbly!

Who would you have chosen?

Implying he needs a confidence boost on an open forum is really going to help the lad :facepalm:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Nice to see a few mentions for Chicksen on this thread. First time watching him have no fears in him covering Ward.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Barnes put a good shift in but I would pick El Abd. Reading didn't have anyone to worry him but each time he was called upon he was strong and composed. I don't think I saw him put a foot wrong, his first half toe-ender touch inside the Albion box to take the ball away from the Reading player was the best of his defending today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here