Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what was the crowd today?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No different from Palarse announcing a midweek 15k+ attendance when less than 10,000 have gone through the turnstiles.

But a world away from the days of the Goldstone announcing there were 9000 in attendance when it was clearly over 12,000.... What was that attendance for Crawley in the FA Cup again?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But a world away from the days of the Goldstone announcing there were 9000 in attendance when it was clearly over 12,000.... What was that attendance for Crawley in the FA Cup again?

It was easier to get away with in the old days , a few malfunctioning turnstiles not clicking the numbers coming into the ground and the entrance money all in cash. I've been to away games where the attendance has been blatantly fiddled.

Does anyone remember Fans United v Hartlepool at the Goldstone. Official attendance quoted at around 8000 but quite obviously more. The then current board
(I won't mention their names for fear of ruining someones dinner) had clearly manipulated the numbers. Great day out and a 5-0 win in thick fog.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
NS better today, let's have more of it please.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Lots a new fans today which is great that the club did cheap tickets I wouldn't mind another lower team so the club could repeat the ticket price and give our young players a chance which seemed to fit in with the clubs style of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here