Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peregrine falcon seen at the Amex

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Spotted it from my seat in Block B during the second half, but didn't know what it was. I just knew it wasn't a pidgeon or a seagull.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hobby

checked, National Geographic have 242mph ..............

(I set a fundraising quiz for the RSPB a coupe of times a year)

and yes, that certainly looks like Falco perigrinus (one of the easier names to remember)

Not a Falco subbuteo

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looking up the peregrin falcon on the RSPB website, it says they eat pigeons (which is good) and ducks (don't tell the residents of Falmer)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looking up the peregrin falcon on the RSPB website, it says they eat pigeons (which is good) and ducks (don't tell the residents of Falmer)

~But not bats? We don't want Perigrine / Bat collisions.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
~But not bats? We don't want Perigrine / Bat collisions.

Don't be too sure about that! Peregrines inhabit the mountains behind me & on more than one occasion have observed them take horseshoe bats from my garden at dusk time in the summer. I since found out from the BTO that they are known to do this in the some of the cathedral sites in the UK. They take advantage of the floodlighting on the buildings, now that could be super viewing at The Amex later on!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I didn't see it yesterday, but saying that I was drunk.......

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I didn't see it yesterday, but saying that I was drunk.......

Not drinking this were you?

spm_a2576-front.jpg

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I saw it during the 2nd half of the Donny game too, which was the first time I'd ever spotted it. At the time it looked like we wouldn't score, but I remember thinking to myself "at least I saw the Peregrine"

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I saw it during the 2nd half of the Donny game too, which was the first time I'd ever spotted it. At the time it looked like we wouldn't score, but I remember thinking to myself "at least I saw the Peregrine"

Peregrine arrived at 66 minutes. Got bored and flew away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here