Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peregrine falcon seen at the Amex

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Definitely a falcon, have seen it at the last 3 home games. Seems to fly to the east quite a lot during a match

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Peregrine is a Seagulls fan.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Peregrine Falcon has to be the coolest dude of the UK bird species. I can't think of a cooler one. Can anyone trump the Peregrine ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
with all this consistent torrential downpour i'd like a nearby lake to form and a small clan of ospreys take up residence. I can see the parents take turns in the late-season to swoop in turn to snatch a trouthead from the mouth of an inhumanly leaping bird-of-prey-conscious Bridcutt.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
The Peregrine Falcon has to be the coolest dude of the UK bird species. I can't think of a cooler one. Can anyone trump the Peregrine ?

I don't think I can, Kestrels are pretty damn cool, if you want us to name UK birds of prey we have a limited choice, one could possibly say a Golden Eagle, which is completely different to the reprobates up the road native American Bald Eagle.

For me the Peregrine is The ultimate airborne hunter native to our shores, possibly in the world.

I've flown Lanner falcons on the lure and rabbited with Harris Hawks, both mighty birds and an experience I will never forget but the Peregrine is still my top bird.

Great to have one at the Amex, even though I find it strange it could settle or best there as it isn't a typical nesting site for them. They're more used to cliffs and high ledges...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I like puffins myself, though my chances of seeing one at the Amex appear a little on the slim side.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well you can see them in the UK so that's good enough for me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Had fabulous views of the peregrine when in circled around the pitch in the 44th min. Came in to roost above our heads in West Stand. Seemed a wild bird as no trusses could be seen. Made the day complete for me & Mrs BS as our lives are spent living & birding in Spain.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
In a Zoo.
Fairly sure I've seen them nesting in Scotland.

Saw that peregrine flying overhead at the match today and the bloke behind me said it was a peregrine - couldn't tell myself (although it was obviously as falcon of some sort) but looking at the OP's picture seems to confirm it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Saw that peregrine flying overhead at the match today and the bloke behind me said it was a peregrine - couldn't tell myself (although it was obviously as falcon of some sort) but looking at the OP's picture seems to confirm it.

It is a Peregrine 100%.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

According to the RSPB (as US seems in no hurry to check, there are around 570,000 breeding pairs of puffins in the UK. Not, as far as I'm aware, in a zoo.

Top spots for colonies include the Farne Islands, Shetland, Orkney, North Yorkshire coast, Anglesey and (I think) Lundy Island.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
There are 3 known pairs in Brighton, one at RSCH, one at Sussex Heights and a pair at Shoreham/ Southwick.

The one here won't be one of those pairs as it's outside their respective territories, unless it's an offspring of one of those pairs.

Recognised as the fastest animal on the planet when in stoop, a magnificent creature and one of my favourites as you can probably tell.

And it's still perched there looking ready to roost :)

Also on chimney of engineerium by dogs stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here