Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Update

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cheers, as suspected. Complaints appear to be directed towards the Android version.

I did post earlier in the thread that the app for the Bournemouth game was shocking, to the extent that I switched it off! I was going to give it's final chance today but it was excellent. It still needs to work from the same time that SP fires up but apart from that I hope that it performs (no pun intended) similarly in the future.

I agree re the treatment of Glas too. Hopefully the matter of SP has been resolved for good and that we should all move on from that from the SP point of view.

Now lets push to get the app working properly for all those that only have this option to follow BHA for match commentary.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I did post earlier in the thread that the app for the Bournemouth game was shocking, to the extent that I switched it off! I was going to give it's final chance today but it was excellent. It still needs to work from the same time that SP fires up but apart from that I hope that it performs (no pun intended) similarly in the future.

I agree re the treatment of Glas too. Hopefully the matter of SP has been resolved for good and that we should all move on from that from the SP point of view.

Now lets push to get the app working properly for all those that only have this option to follow BHA for match commentary.

I'm probably going to contact the company responsible for that (yawn another). How difficult would it be to organise a meeting between the technical departments of all those involved.

I got er.. access to email. I might well schedule it myself.

Glass deserves a break and not a patronising lesson in "how to complain". NSC at it's worst. The complaints get routed to the same individual anyway.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I have the iPhone app, and have the same issue- that of missing all the build up, and the first five minutes of every match.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
For info I am on Android. The app has not worked full stop all year. I will.post my complaint letter on one of the many threads.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Shame that rather than just leaving it that those who don't claim will have their refund donated to AITC that they didn't email a Gift Aid form so that those who pay tax could confirm their wish to donate the refund and AITC could claim the tax back.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not had an email yet

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
If it's not good enough for you then cancel the service.

What a pathetic reply and what do I tell those SDU members who only have this to listen to the matches, don't worry nobody gives a sh1t.
I'll take this App problem up with PB myself this week and hopefully get a suitable outcome.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What a pathetic reply and what do I tell those SDU members who only have this to listen to the matches, don't worry nobody gives a sh1t.
I'll take this App problem up with PB myself this week and hopefully get a suitable outcome.

FFS stop whining. If you're dumb enough to use Android what do you expect?

What so you tell them? Get an iPad.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Yeah dumb enough to use one of the biggest platforms in existence.

I will keep whining thankyou. You might be alright but its as plain as day lots of others arent and this paid for 'service' is still a great big pile of steaming dog turd.

I will stop moaning when the ****ing thing works.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah dumb enough to use one of the biggest platforms in existence.

I will keep whining thankyou. You might be alright but its as plain as day lots of others arent and this paid for 'service' is still a great big pile of steaming dog turd.

I will stop moaning when the ****ing thing works.

You could be moaning for some time then x

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

Most of us are using iPads & iPhones so it shows how much you know about it, the only thing dumb about me was expecting you to understand but with your I'm alright attitude I should have known better.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Most of us are using iPads & iPhones so it shows how much you know about it, the only thing dumb about me was expecting you to understand but with your I'm alright attitude I should have known better.

Perhaps first world technology doesn't work for migrants in third world countries?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Don't worry. When you finally get it sorted you can come back on here taking the credit and have a pop at anyone who continues to complain... 😉

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We have all spent ten years answering emails, apologising on other's behalves for what has at best been a shoddy service, and after the Wigan and Middlesbrough debacles, the club finally ran out of patience. In summary Paul Barber (and also the FL's new head of digital Russell Scott) actually taking the issue seriously is why it has (hopefully) been fixed (I say hopefully as we have been at this stage before). For years FLi (and others) accepted PERFORM's excuses of the blame being put on user's internet connections/equipment/software or passed around from another third-party supplier/BBC Sussex, without ever getting to the route of the problem (and putting the culprits under pressure to fix the issue). Since last summer, we have constantly been taking FLi and PERFORM to task on this, and usually what follows is a few weeks where the service works, however it was clear problems were not being solved, so it was excellent that Paul stepped in and took the necessary steps at a senior level with the FL to resolve the issue; and he also gave us the green light to finally set up the back-up service, which has also run perfectly for the last five games (fingers crossed we will never need it though).

In response to the queries on the app, I have email Russell at FLi today raising the concerns about the commentary problems and also the issue of it not starting until after the game has kicked off.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Also, huge thanks to all of you who are kindly donating your refunds to AITC, we will put together a SP piece on what this is spent on, and how it will help many young disabled people in Sussex. :thumbsup:

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Perhaps first world technology doesn't work for migrants in third world countries?

Fans in Brighton & Worthing are having the same problems so that well informed answer has no merit, would you like me to come over there and help you dig that hole a little deeper.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here