Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Update

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think my post on "ask the club" on the 6/10/2013 was at all rude or nasty
and because it happened again some weeks later is why the "Heads should role" comment
its a service I paid for all other communications were ignored who else should I have gone to, as I said it is called "seagulls player"

We went (after a discussion on NSC during the match) to Paul Barber on 14 December at 4.30pm, had an email reply two hours later, the matter was taken up by PB with PERFORM and the FL within seven days. Ongoing negotiations have produced:

(a) A vastly improved service, partly due to PERFORM and partly due to the Albion installing a back up service
(b) An offer of a refund for the substandard service offered by PERFORM.

I'm not being critical of you, but there is a way to make a complaint, and IMO it should be professional, objective, stick to the facts, avoid emotions, and advise of potential consequences should the issue not be resolved to the benefit of all. In any negotiating scenario between two parties there are four outcomes, Win-Win, Win-Lose, Lose-Win and Lose-Lose.

History tells us that Win-Lose situations have a habit of metamorphising into Lose-Lose (the Treaty of Versailles being a classic example), so it was in the Albion's interest to take up the issue on our behalf, but in order to do that PB needed some concrete information, which is what we did during the debacle of the 'Boro match commentary.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I still have the app and yes, it is the same for me. The commentary kept dropping for the Bournemouth game to the extent that I switched it off!

The app should be the same as SP and start with the match build up which is as integral to me as the match commentary is. I want to know the starting line up at least. The app commentary kicks in about 2 minutes after KO which is crap!

Agreed, I have this issue too

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We went (after a discussion on NSC during the match) to Paul Barber on 14 December at 4.30pm, had an email reply two hours later, the matter was taken up by PB with PERFORM and the FL within seven days. Ongoing negotiations have produced:

(a) A vastly improved service, partly due to PERFORM and partly due to the Albion installing a back up service

I'm not being critical of you, but there is a way to make a complaint, and IMO it should be professional, objective, stick to the facts, avoid emotions, and advise of potential consequences should the issue not be resolved to the benefit of all. In any negotiating scenario between two parties there are four outcomes, Win-Win, Win-Lose, Lose-Win and Lose-Lose.

History tells us that Win-Lose situations have a habit of metamorphising into Lose-Lose (the Treaty of Versailles being a classic example), so it was in the Albion's interest to take up the issue on our behalf, but in order to do that PB needed some concrete information, which is what we did during the debacle of the 'Boro match commentary.

and I don't disagree with any of that
but some 7 years ago if the person who was dealing with this went to whoever (PB) was not at the club then and put the early complaints to the club surely something should have been done then
7 years of inactivity is what caused my comments and why I have highlighted the statement above, surely the person I complained to would have already put this to PB....no?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[/B][/U]

but some 7 years ago if the person who was dealing with this went to whoever (PB) was not at the club then and put the early complaints to the club surely something should have been done then
7 years of inactivity is what caused my comments and why I have highlighted the statement above, surely the person I complained to would have already put this to PB....no?

I think it just shows what an excellent CEO we have in PB, someone who is prepared to get his shoes dirty, an accusation that perhaps could not be levelled at some of his predecessors?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I still have the app and yes, it is the same for me. The commentary kept dropping for the Bournemouth game to the extent that I switched it off!

The app should be the same as SP and start with the match build up which is as integral to me as the match commentary is. I want to know the starting line up at least. The app commentary kicks in about 2 minutes after KO which is crap!

For the Blackpool game I listened to radio sx online until it went off then switched to app. Bit of a bind but it did occur to me that the app only comes on when radio online goes off.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think it just shows what an excellent CEO we have in PB, someone who is prepared to get his shoes dirty, an accusation that perhaps could not be levelled at some of his predecessors?

this ..................................maybe
enough is enough
I only have player now to watch the highlights
and listen to the commentary on my brand new DAB radio......the commentary please do not get me started on that :rant:

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I rely on Player for match commentary. Much improved recently, shame that it took so long to sort as the 'service' was very poor. I wonder how many Seagulls Player subscribers there are? My refund going straight to AITC

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
For the Blackpool game I listened to radio sx online until it went off then switched to app. Bit of a bind but it did occur to me that the app only comes on when radio online goes off.

Interesting point.

For a recent game, Charlton away on Boxing day I think?, the game commentary was available online. I don't know if this was deliberate or not, or whether it was just because of the date. Did someone forget to turn the online availability off?. I don't know, but if SP behaves through the rest of the season then I may subscribe again for next season.

My compo will also be heading towards AITC. I think that Perform should have also offered subscribers a free service until the end of this season. That would have appeased me more than the compo offered tbh. The club have pulled a bit of a fast one on the offer of returned monies but hey ho, the issue of player working correctly is far more important.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
There are many, many easier ways to get £12, especially living in Norway, mines going to AITC.

Also not a moan, but like all companies they havent made it 'easy' to get a refund. However in fairness to the club, they never had to make the compensation they recieved available to subscribers in the first place!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[/B][/U]

Nobody really gave a toss if only a few went through with their threat of cancelling the Seagulls World or latterly Seagulls Player subscription. I think Paul Camillin got fed up banging his head against a brick wall trying to sort things out and took all the flak as ultimately the Football League and Perform denied there was a problem at their end. All of us who sent an e-mail to Paul Barber about the shambles on December 14th got a personalised reply and no doubt he read all the posts in the matchday thread to gather the additional evidence to build up a fact file to present to the Football League and Perform.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Can I suggest that this solution is a very good example of treating us as customers rather than fans?! :):catfight:

This is actually quite a good point.

Customers paying for a service demand a represntable level of service for monies levied, and will vote with their feet if the level is unacceptable before getting to silly levels.

Fans will pay money, grumble and complain, but ultimately put up with it until it usually has gone beyond the point of no return.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great response from rhe club. Very happy for my refund to go to AITC. As I only listen to away games that I cant get to - so roughly one game in three overall - it would be a bit cheeky to pocket the cash :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Not at all like The Treaty of Versailles as all the Customers had a common aim, to at least get a service that was fit for purpose. As far as your condescending reply to Glasfryn is concerned, if you were involved in this, before Paul Barber took his position at the Club maybe you can explain why nothing was ever fixed. Every week Uncle C who was the go to man when the reception disappeared from Player, and who had Paul Camlin's telephone number. Sometimes that phonecall fixed it, a lot of the time it didn't.
So the Club should have known for a long time, and only recently when commentary disappeared partly or completely and a man with income of the Club in his heart found out about it has something been done. Regardless of the manner of quality of the complaints, to resolve this, has taken far too long.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is actually quite a good point.

Customers paying for a service demand a represntable level of service for monies levied, and will vote with their feet if the level is unacceptable before getting to silly levels.

Fans will pay money, grumble and complain, but ultimately put up with it until it usually has gone beyond the point of no return.

That's how I see it too. The club can of course treat us as both, but in this instance I believe it is a very good example of customer service, even though that service may have been lacking in the past. So well done to the club.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nobody really gave a toss if only a few went through with their threat of cancelling the Seagulls World or latterly Seagulls Player subscription. I think Paul Camillin got fed up banging his head against a brick wall trying to sort things out and took all the flak as ultimately the Football League and Perform denied there was a problem at their end. All of us who sent an e-mail to Paul Barber about the shambles on December 14th got a personalised reply and no doubt he read all the posts in the matchday thread to gather the additional evidence to build up a fact file to present to the Football League and Perform.

so in recent times Paul Camillin has had no communication with Paul Barber or do they not talk and surely additional evidence and early evidence should have been presented to Paul Barber before December 14th

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not at all like The Treaty of Versailles as all the Customers had a common aim, to at least get a service that was fit for purpose. As far as your condescending reply to Glasfryn is concerned, if you were involved in this, before Paul Barber took his position at the Club maybe you can explain why nothing was ever fixed. Every week Uncle C who was the go to man when the reception disappeared from Player, and who had Paul Camlin's telephone number. Sometimes that phonecall fixed it, a lot of the time it didn't.
So the Club should have known for a long time, and only recently when commentary disappeared partly or completely and a man with income of the Club in his heart found out about it has something been done. Regardless of the manner of quality of the complaints, to resolve this, has taken far too long.

as Yoda would say
put it well you did

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I've had SP for years, and agreed that it has taken too long to resolve. Without PB at the helm I suspect that the problem would still exist, but it needed someone at his level to act as PERFORM clearly were fobbing off individuals who previously complained.

As for TofV, my point was that the coordinated approach taken by us during the Boro match was evidence that Perform's Win-Lose mentality of screw the fans has comeback to bite them on the bum, as if PB gets his way they will be ditched if at all possible when the contract is renewed.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

It should be the same otherwise it's pointless and I and many SDU members feel the same way, what's worse for us is sitting up until 2am only to find it doesn't start on time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so in recent times Paul Camillin has had no communication with Paul Barber or do they not talk and surely additional evidence and early evidence should have been presented to Paul Barber before December 14th

The club knew there was a problem , I believe the Middlesbrough matchday thread brought things to a head as they realised the implications of a mass cancellation campaign by the fans if nothing was going to be sorted out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here