Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Update

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Don't worry. When you finally get it sorted you can come back on here taking the credit and have a pop at anyone who continues to complain... ��

I'm not after any credit unlike some, I like many others just want it sorted out and hopefully this is now another issue being taken up by the club on our behalf, trying to resolve it as an individual was a pointless exercise.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fans in Brighton & Worthing are having the same problems so that well in formed answer has no merit, would you like me to come over there and help you dig that hole a little deeper.

Ignore, the attempt at a wind up has all the comedy freshness of Bobby Davro performing in a Joe Pasquale retrospective.

I'll PM you with an update.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have all spent ten years answering emails, apologising on other's behalves for what has at best been a shoddy service, and after the Wigan and Middlesbrough debacles, the club finally ran out of patience. In summary Paul Barber (and also the FL's new head of digital Russell Scott) actually taking the issue seriously is why it has (hopefully) been fixed (I say hopefully as we have been at this stage before). For years FLi (and others) accepted PERFORM's excuses of the blame being put on user's internet connections/equipment/software or passed around from another third-party supplier/BBC Sussex, without ever getting to the route of the problem (and putting the culprits under pressure to fix the issue). Since last summer, we have constantly been taking FLi and PERFORM to task on this, and usually what follows is a few weeks where the service works, however it was clear problems were not being solved, so it was excellent that Paul stepped in and took the necessary steps at a senior level with the FL to resolve the issue; and he also gave us the green light to finally set up the back-up service, which has also run perfectly for the last five games (fingers crossed we will never need it though).

In response to the queries on the app, I have email Russell at FLi today raising the concerns about the commentary problems and also the issue of it not starting until after the game has kicked off.

why should you have had to apologise for anyone else whose fault it was that the service was not good enough and ten years my god has it been that long.
when I made the "heads should roll" comment it was meant for the likes of them the skimmers, the sit on there backsides the useless dollops who thought it was OK to take our money and give a shoddy service and blame us, them, anyone but themselves, that comment was not directed at you although someone thought it was worth banning me for that comment.
as I have said just before now enough is enough lets hope this is now sorted and put on the right track.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just caught up with this.

A big thank you to PB and ElP and the others involved in this. Of course I have no intention of claiming my compensation BUT I do found the process put forward very very disappointing. I live abroad. For me to get a letter to the Albion in time is really not practical at all and a cheque would be useless. So in effect I do NOT have a choice. The club really has to take into account its ex-pat supporters in such issues. A simple electronic process would have been far easier. I now sign electronic contracts online which are legally binding so I dont see why this could not be done. It really is disappointing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can I suggest that we set aside the binfest and have a strategy to deal with the ongoing issues in relation to SP.

Personally I find it a lot better than prior to the problems encountered at Wigan and 'Boro, and honestly think things are resolved due to the sterling efforts of Messrs Barber and Camillan, but the anecdotal evidence is that such an improvement is not universal.

Therefore, why not, say for the next 4-6 matches, nominate/volunteer someone here on NSC to whom to send PM's, or set up an email account (e.g. NSCSP@gmail.com etc) where we detail the time, nature and extent of the problem that anyone and everyone has suffered. Someone (not me, I appreciate I'm too divisive a person on this issue) then can set out in full where the shortcomings lie, be it with the platform, (it would make sense for people reporting their issues to say whether they listen on PC, IOS or Android) delivery (intermittent/no sound etc) or quality of sound etc.

Ultimately anyone who subscribes to SP wants, expects and is entitled to a de minimus level of service, and if that is not being received, we can then, together, approach the club with our findings, which I suspect will carry greater weight than if we do this on an individual basis.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can I suggest that we set aside the binfest and have a strategy to deal with the ongoing issues in relation to SP.

Personally I find it a lot better than prior to the problems encountered at Wigan and 'Boro, and honestly think things are resolved due to the sterling efforts of Messrs Barber and Camillan, but the anecdotal evidence is that such an improvement is not universal.

Therefore, why not, say for the next 4-6 matches, nominate/volunteer someone here on NSC to whom to send PM's, or set up an email account (e.g. NSCSP@gmail.com etc) where we detail the time, nature and extent of the problem that anyone and everyone has suffered. Someone (not me, I appreciate I'm too divisive a person on this issue) then can set out in full where the shortcomings lie, be it with the platform, (it would make sense for people reporting their issues to say whether they listen on PC, IOS or Android) delivery (intermittent/no sound etc) or quality of sound etc.

Ultimately anyone who subscribes to SP wants, expects and is entitled to a de minimus level of service, and if that is not being received, we can then, together, approach the club with our findings, which I suspect will carry greater weight than if we do this on an individual basis.

El Pres is right. Whilst a binfest is much more fun, a history of what is failing when on what platform which can be collated and sent in as a formal complaint is much more likely to get us somewhere.

I will set something up for Birmingham at home, however, I won't be able to listen online to the following 2 games (horseracing and child care duties) so will need some help along the way. Please let me know if you can help.

Detailed thread will follow sometime today or tomorrow.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

Your still missing the point, yes SP is much improved on your PC and everyone even myself will agree with that but it's the App on any device you care to mention that is the problem.
Unless you've been listening to it from it's inception you probably wouldn't know any better but for those of us that have we know only too well.
From the start it was almost the same as the PC coverage but as time has gone on it's got worse to the point coverage dosen't start until a few minutes in to the match and many matches lose coverage at somepoint, infact I had to go on the PC on Saturday because it was stop start for ages with about 20mins to go.
The club are fully aware of all this and trying their best to sort it out so that one it starts on time and two they reinstate the pre match build up so it works in tandem with whats happening on SP.
Your idea of monitoring SP and listing the faults should have been done ages ago without endless thread after thread about the subject, it shouldn't be needed now as the club have implemented a commentary back up system so that none of us will suffer in silence ever again.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just received this from Paul Barber - VERY impressed that he took the time to respond:

Dear

Thanks for your kind note, and contribution to AITC. These donations look as if they will form a significant amount which will be of huge benefit to AITC’s disability projects across Sussex. The media team will also report later this season – on Player – as to exactly how these monies benefit AITC’s participants.

Thank you again for your support.

Regards

Paul Barber
Chief Executive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here