Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Film 2014

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So here we are, another year, another set of great films to look forward to.
So with a nod to Acker, who's done this thread the last few years, what are you looking forward to in 2014?

Jan 3 Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones Open Grave The Best Offer Beyond Outrage
Jan 10 The Legend of Hercules Lone Survivor The Adventurer: The Curse of the Midas Box Her The Banshee Chapter The Truth About Emanuel Raze Cold Comes the Night Black Coffee Dumbbells Divorce Corp
Jan 14 The Bronx Bull
Jan 15 Generation War
Jan 17 Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Devil's Due The Nut Job Ride Along Like Father, Like Son Big Bad Wolves G.B.F. Reasonable Doubt Life of a King Back in the Day Gloria Jamesy Boy
Jan 24 I, Frankenstein Run & Jump Enemies Closer Gimme Shelter 24 Exposures
Jan 31 That Awkward Moment Labor Day Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage Best Night Ever Brightest Star At Middleton Tim's Vermeer
February 2014 (30 Movies)
Feb 7 The LEGO Movie The Monument's Men Welcome to the Jungle Nurse 3D A Fantastic Fear of Everything Cavemen The Last of the Unjust One Chance
Feb 12 Robocop
Feb 14 Vampire Academy Winter's Tale Endless Love About Last Night Adult World Three Days To Kill Date and Switch Girl On a Bicycle Jimmy P.
Feb 19 Child’s Pose
Feb 21 Pompeii Welcome To Yesterday The Wind Rises Barefoot In Secret
Feb 28 The Son of God Non-Stop Stalingrad The Wind Rises The Lunchbox Repentance
March 2014 (27 Movies)
Mar 7 300: Rise of An Empire Mr. Peabody & Sherman Journey to the West The Grand Budapest Hotel Jodorowsky's Dune Grand Piano
Mar 14 Need for Speed Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club Bad Words Veronica Mars The Art of the Steal Enemy Grace of Monaco Ernest & Celestine Le Week-End
Mar 21 Divergent Muppets Most Wanted Stretch Nymphomaniac: Part One 50 to 1 Blood Ties A Birder's Guide to Everything
Mar 28 A Haunted House 2 Noah The Raid 2 Cesar Chavez Finding Vivian Maier
April 2014 (22 Movies)
TBASmall Time
Apr 4 Captain America: The Winter Soldier Island Of Lemurs: Madagascar The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden Under the Skin Dom Hemingway
Apr 11 Rio 2 Draft Day Sabotage Only Lovers Left Alive St. Vincent
Apr 14 Frankie and Alice
Apr 16 Heaven Is For Real
Apr 18 Transcendence Bears Nymphomaniac: Part Two
Apr 25 The Other Woman The Quiet Ones Walk of Shame Earth to Echo Locke For No Good Reason
May 2014 (14 Movies)
TBAThe Love Punch
May 1 The Scribbler
May 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Belle
May 9 Chef Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return Neighbors
May 16 Godzilla Million Dollar Arm
May 23 X-Men: Days of Future Past Blended
May 30 Maleficent A Million Ways to Die in the West Party Central
June 2014 (9 Movies)
TBAMade in America
Jun 6 Edge of Tomorrow The Fault In Our Stars
Jun 13 22 Jump Street How to Train Your Dragon 2
Jun 20 The Purge 2 Think Like A Man Too Jersey Boys
Jun 27 Transformers 4: Age of Extinction
July 2014 (9 Movies)
Jul 2 Deliver Us from Evil Tammy
Jul 11 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Jul 18 Planes: Fire and Rescue
Jul 25 Jupiter Ascending Hercules: The Thracian Wars Sex Tape Step Up All In Magic In The Moonlight
August 2014 (14 Movies)
TBAThe Hero of Color City
Aug 1 Guardians of the Galaxy Get On Up
Aug 8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lucy Into the Storm The Hundred-Foot Journey
Aug 15 The Expendables 3 The Giver
Aug 22 Sin City: A Dame to Kill For When the Game Stands Tall
Aug 29 Jessabelle Jane Got a Gun The Loft
September 2014 (11 Movies)
Sep 5 The Green Inferno Addicted
Sep 12 This Is Where I Leave You No Good Deed Search Party Resident Evil 6
Sep 19 The Maze Runner Dolphin Tale 2
Sep 26 The Equalizer The Boxtrolls A Matter of Faith
October 2014 (10 Movies)
TBAThe Vatican Tapes
Oct 3 Gone Girl
Oct 10 Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day The Judge The Interview
Oct 17 Dracula Untold The Book of Life The Best of Me
Oct 24 Paranormal Activity 5 Business or Pleasure
November 2014 (9 Movies)
Nov 7 Interstellar Big Hero 6
Nov 14 Dumb and Dumber To Fury Blackbird
Nov 21 The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 McFarland
Nov 26 Home
Nov 28 Horrible Bosses 2
December 2014 (7 Movies)
Dec 12 Exodus Paddington
Dec 17 The Hobbit: There and Back Again
Dec 19 Annie
Dec 25 Night at the Museum 3 Into the Woods Unbroken

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A bit short on punctuation there, rather ruins the thread...

Mar 21 Divergent Muppets Most Wanted Stretch Nymphomaniac: Part One 50 to 1 Blood Ties A Birder's Guide to Everything

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
A bit short on punctuation there, rather ruins the thread...

my apologies it was a rather lazy copy & paste, but I thought I would give a flavour of what's to come in 2014.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I hadn't even thought to prepare this year's thread. Ah well. At the moment I'm looking forward to these

Jan 24 I, Frankenstein
Feb 7 The LEGO Movie, The Monument's Men
Feb 12 Robocop
Mar 21 Muppets Most Wanted
Mar 28 The Raid 2
Apr 4 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
May 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2
May 16 Godzilla
May 23 X-Men: Days of Future Past
May 30 Maleficent / A Million Ways to Die in the West
Aug 1 Guardians of the Galaxy
Aug 8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (kinda, it is Michael bay)
Aug 22 Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

There were a lot of titles I didn't recognise, so might look forward to more when I learn more about them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
M'eh. It was mildly funny without any really hilarious moments, the story was thin if it was there at all. The allegory was too obvious, and too lazy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is all about

just to fck off Mark Kermode the greasy **** if nothing else.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aha! The thread i have been waiting for!
Mandela film - saw this last weekend and was unfortunately bore on too many occasions with a lifestory i shouldn't have been. Idris is alright and his vocals were impersonatarily good. It's just a shame that he retains his London-bloke geezer walk all the way to his 70s. Someone must be able to make him walk right. And Winnie Mandela was largely the wrong size and shape and accent for me to believe. The film had its moments, but they were few and occasional and the threading of a tale that should have had us all enthralled had me instead wanting to check the time and aching in my every bit when i did to find out i still had so long to go. An ungreat effort to reveal much of a legend.

Looking forward to the new Muppet Movie and will undoubtedly be going to see "Paddington - the Movie" next Christmas. Peter Capaldi is in the latter apparently, doing the voice of Paddington as Malcolm Tucker.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Aha! The thread i have been waiting for!
Mandela film - saw this last weekend and was unfortunately bore on too many occasions with a lifestory i shouldn't have been. Idris is alright and his vocals were impersonatarily good. It's just a shame that he retains his London-bloke geezer walk all the way to his 70s. Someone must be able to make him walk right. And Winnie Mandela was largely the wrong size and shape and accent for me to believe. The film had its moments, but they were few and occasional and the threading of a tale that should have had us all enthralled had me instead wanting to check the time and aching in my every bit when i did to find out i still had so long to go. An ungreat effort to reveal much of a legend.

i saw it last weekend too....i found it interesting :blush:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I hadn't even thought to prepare this year's thread. Ah well. At the moment I'm looking forward to these

Jan 24 I, Frankenstein
Feb 7 The LEGO Movie, The Monument's Men
Feb 12 Robocop
Mar 21 Muppets Most Wanted
Mar 28 The Raid 2
Apr 4 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
May 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2
May 16 Godzilla
May 23 X-Men: Days of Future Past
May 30 Maleficent / A Million Ways to Die in the West
Aug 1 Guardians of the Galaxy
Aug 8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (kinda, it is Michael bay)
Aug 22 Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

There were a lot of titles I didn't recognise, so might look forward to more when I learn more about them.

Sorry to steal your thunder Acker.
Not strictly out in 2014 but I've just seen back to back films.
1st up The secret life of Walter Mitty.
Wasn't that bothered about seeing this but misses Birkin convinced me to go after finding out we had a surprise free night away from the kids. Not seen the original film or read the book & I only knew of the phrase "he's a bit of a Walter Mitty character" but I was surprisingly entertained by the film. There was some great action, nice performances and Schmaltz was kept to a minimum. over all, very good.

Then next up Anchorman 2 the legend continues
I loved it, but I'm a big fan of the original. I laughed throughout and was delighted to see some reoccurring gags like another cabinet containing condoms rather than aftershaves and another news team battle sequence with even more news teams with a whole host of big name cameos that were apparently desperate to be in the film.
Over all a very entertaining 2 evenings at the flicks

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is all about

just to fck off Mark Kermode the greasy **** if nothing else.

Or Fury. War film starring Brad Pitt and directed by David Ayers (Training Day, End of Watch) They are going for Private Ryan style grit, and as a bonus, I am in it.

And I agree about Kermode. It's not that he isn't usually accurate about films but his earnest delivery, desperation to appear as if he is the last vestige of taste and his annoying way of trying to make out anything that isn't "worthy" is destroying the film industry gets very dull very quickly. His on going hatred of Danny Dyer is very tedious. Okay, he is in some poor films but he wanted to be an actor and he is, he gets the work. Not easy. Plus, when he gets a good project such as Straight Heads he can be good. Kermode's impression of him isn't even very good.

Not 2014 but watched Shame the other night. Very well made but goodness! It leaves you feeling like you're the one has had coked up sex with a wrong 'un. Grim but good watching.

Last edited:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just seen 'The Wolf of Wall St.'

Blooming Brilliant & educational..eg If you blow a shed load of coke up a hookers bottom with a straw & sniff it out again you both will have a really good time :ohmy:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or Fury. War film starring Brad Pitt and directed by David Ayers (Training Day, End of Watch) They are going for Private Ryan style grit, and as a bonus, I am in it.

And I agree about Kermode. It's not that he isn't usually accurate about films but his earnest delivery, desperation to appear as if he is the last vestige of taste and his annoying way of trying to make out anything that isn't "worthy" is destroying the film industry gets very dull very quickly. His on going hatred of Danny Dyer is very tedious. Okay, he is in some poor films but he wanted to be an actor and he is, he gets the work. Not easy. Plus, when he gets a good project such as Straight Heads he can be good. Kermode's impression of him isn't even very good.

Not 2014 but watched Shame the other night. Very well made but goodness! It leaves you feeling like you're the one has had coked up sex with a wrong 'un. Grim but good watching.

There is a Christian C listed in the credits, is it you ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I cannot listen to Mayo and Kermode anymore, their annoying buddy buddy shit gets on my tits as well as Kermode's impressions. They just talk shite for 2 hours and cannot review a single film without going on a tangent and trying to be amusing which they certainly are not. Just review the fcking film and move onto the next one.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Could be, I've only got a small role in it. Is that on Imdb? Not seen the page yet.

Christian Contreras ? Did you meet Brad and Shia ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

his impressions aren't very good full stop!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hoping to see American Hustle this week and Wolf of Wall Street in the next couple of weeks.

As for my watch list there are too many films and too little time/money! I've put my most wanted in bold...

I, Frankenstein
The LEGO Movie
The Monument's Men
Robocop
Muppets Most Wanted
The Raid 2
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Rio 2
Transcendence
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Godzilla
X-Men: Days of Future Past
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Edge of Tomorrow
22 Jump Street
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Jupiter Ascending
Guardians of the Galaxy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Gone Girl
Interstellar
Big Hero 6
Dumb and Dumber To
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay
The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We get it Kermode you HATE Michael Bay and his films. Every year his latest film is your worst film of the year, like pain and gain was in 2013 and like we all know T4 will be the worst film of 2014 regardless of whether it is good or not. Bay's box office suggests a lot of people love his films so get your head out of your ars* and live and let live. If I were Bay I would have twatted him by now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here