Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Travel Subsidy Tomorrow

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you have a London bound season ticket, its free to Brighton anyway as its deemed a reasonable route (checked with at least three guards/staff this is OK and the ticket opens the barriers at Brighton).

It's also valid via Lewes as I go that way for evening games coming back from London

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's also valid via Lewes as I go that way for evening games coming back from London

What about Worthing to London season tickets ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What about Worthing to London season tickets ?

Not sure. London to Brighton via Lewes is considered by Southern as a "reasonable route". I guess it might be though, as if for example the line was blocked between Haywards Heath and Preston Park, your only option would be to go to Brighton via Lewes then onto Worthing from there?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can't you just show your ST when asked and then claim ignorance when they tell you travel levy isn't included for this one game, seems like an honest mistake?

Ignorance is no excuse as the travel conditions have been clearly stated and hence the low ticket price. As for people 'opting out', the whole travel scheme costs a fortune and was one of the conditions on building the stadium. If people opted out then the cost to the club would remain much the same but the levy for those left in would rise sharply, probably to an unworkable level (more would opt out, more burden on those left etc).

Far better for the cost to be spread across many. There are great benefits of being able to travel on any bus or train, without hassle. I have annual bus pass for the buses so I don't really need the transport but am happy to pay my bit and to have the option of using P&R or the trains.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Normally go mill Road P&R, tomorrow I have treated myself to uni parking for a tenner. Any tips how to get there quickly from eastbound or is it one way only. Can't be arsed to check website and would rather waste my data on north stand chatapedia!

Here you go, from other thread

A27 go past the Amex and keep left on A270 Brighton. As soon as the road forks it forks again so stay in the left lane towards Coldean and Stanmer Park. Then as you head down the hill get into the right lane of the 2 lanes as you approach traffic lights. At lights turn right into the road leading up to Stanmer Park going past the park and into the University where stewards will direct you.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That's my plan, or I may hide in the toilet

Will you be disguised as a toilet as you pass through the barrier when you get to Falmer?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
We had an opting in system in the first season and too many people abused it and used the trains without paying which ended up costing the club a fortune.

Unfortunately that is true. The only way of it being fair is to stop it altogether - or expand the free travel zone further east than Lewes, but I cannot see this happening.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very easily, the club give a one week window where it is your responsibility to go to them and prove you do not need it, not hard, was suggested to them and rejected as could not be bothered.

Do you not need the subsidised transport then ? You should have mentioned it before. And I think it is OUTRAGEOUS that the club ignored such a well thought out plan. Is there a petition somewhere i could sign ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you not need the subsidised transport then ? You should have mentioned it before. And I think it is OUTRAGEOUS that the club ignored such a well thought out plan. Is there a petition somewhere i could sign ?

mate, don't be fool all your life

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My guess is that P&R will be chaos (and a little fractious) so I'm going to skip it tomorrow and I'm booked on the lovely Seagull Travel bus from Tunbridge Wells. It's not as flexible as taking the car but it's bloody simple. So extra cost? Probably not a lot different. £12 I think from T wells return. Probably cost that in petrol and wear & tear on the car.

Here you go, from other thread

A27 go past the Amex and keep left on A270 Brighton. As soon as the road forks it forks again so stay in the left lane towards Coldean and Stanmer Park. Then as you head down the hill get into the right lane of the 2 lanes as you approach traffic lights. At lights turn right into the road leading up to Stanmer Park going past the park and into the University where stewards will direct you.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As there is no travel subsidy, does that mean there will be no traffic wardens is Coldean & Moulsecoomb? If there are where is the money coming from to pay for them?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thank you, much appreciated.

You do realise that those directions were for coming FROM the East, don't you?

Traveling Eastbound, I imagine the best place to come off the A27 is at the university / stadium junction and then re-join it heading West. You can then follow those directions. You might want to be early, though, as that junction gets very busy. Alternatively, get off at the Coldean / Hollingbury junction and head down Coldean Lane.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Same as above, but overall throughout the season we are paying MORE with the 'subsidy'. I, and many others from the East, pay more with the subsidy rather than less. I pay about £30 extra in travel.

It is about time we had the option of opting out - for those that it benefits then go for it, for others that do not benefit then opt out. I know you are going to get people on here saying leave it, or its great, but those will be the people that are getting a benefit from it. IMHO

It should be extended to Eastbourne. It seems ridiculous that it covers the train to Haywards Heath and Worthing but not Eastbourne which is a fraction of the distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here