Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Travel Subsidy Tomorrow

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And at Falmer too

Southern won't even open a station for a gig at the Amex, do you really believe they are going to operate the 3 barriers there, with 1000s of people getting off a train at a time. Pull the other one.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It is about time we had the option of opting out - for those that it benefits then go for it, for others that do not benefit then opt out. I know you are going to get people on here saying leave it, or its great, but those will be the people that are getting a benefit from it. IMHO

I agree ... I don't get any benefit from it as, I'm sure, a substantial proportion don't.

But, it would be impractical to administer without a big technology cost. How would someone show they were in vs out? The swiping of tickets and added time getting on/off buses and trains would create chaos. Think it's here to stay

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How many people go throuigh Brighton station every weekday morning?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The guards on the trains wont know, just show them your season ticket

You would rather risk a £50 fine than pay £1........Christmas has finished Scrooge

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree ... I don't get any benefit from it as, I'm sure, a substantial proportion don't.

But, it would be impractical to administer without a big technology cost. How would someone show they were in vs out? The swiping of tickets and added time getting on/off buses trains would create chaos. Think it's here to stay

Very easily, the club give a one week window where it is your responsibility to go to them and prove you do not need it, not hard, was suggested to them and rejected as could not be bothered.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
More than that will go to the Albion tomorrow

So they won't have any problem checking that everyone has a valid ticket then. Likewise,the bus drivers won't be letting anyone on without paying. I guess there will be no dramas, though maybe a few toys chucked out of prams, and a few fines dished out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The guards on the trains wont know, just show them your season ticket

If you have a London bound season ticket, its free to Brighton anyway as its deemed a reasonable route (checked with at least three guards/staff this is OK and the ticket opens the barriers at Brighton).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When every penny they collect is theirs ? If you have a ticket then nobody has anything to worry about

and after the game going West they will be checking every ticket will they? They can't even count through and fill every carriage properly after all this time, how are they going to co-ordinate that.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So they won't have any problem checking that everyone has a valid ticket then. Likewise,the bus drivers won't be letting anyone on without paying. I guess there will be no dramas, though maybe a few toys chucked out of prams, and a few fines dished out.

If everyone who is going buys their travel ticket as they've been told to do then where is the problem ? Those that take a chance and want to jib will be the first on here crying about what it has cost. Remember that is most cases they can get reported for it and have a day in court for their troubles. Doesn't bother me in the slightest what people do as long as they don't moan afterwards.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Same as above, but overall throughout the season we are paying MORE with the 'subsidy'. I, and many others from the East, pay more with the subsidy rather than less. I pay about £30 extra in travel.

It is about time we had the option of opting out - for those that it benefits then go for it, for others that do not benefit then opt out. I know you are going to get people on here saying leave it, or its great, but those will be the people that are getting a benefit from it. IMHO

We had an opting in system in the first season and too many people abused it and used the trains without paying which ended up costing the club a fortune.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
If everyone who is going buys their travel ticket as they've been told to do then where is the problem ? Those that take a chance and want to jib will be the first on here crying about what it has cost. Remember that is most cases they can get reported for it and have a day in court for their troubles. Doesn't bother me in the slightest what people do as long as they don't moan afterwards.

The big hard ones dodging the fares won't be afraid of a day in court now will they? And the money they thought they had saved can be put towards paying thir fines.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Very easily, the club give a one week window where it is your responsibility to go to them and prove you do not need it, not hard, was suggested to them and rejected as could not be bothered.

I'm not sure how you prove it? I could say I get a lift with mates, or walk or cycle and then just hop a bus/train. If you said that wasn't evidence enough then it would seem mightily unfair to those that actually did get lifts, cycle or walk

In my case I have Uni parking but sometimes take the train if I'm having a drink before/after

Unfortunately, I don't think relying on peoples honesty is commercially sensible

Dec 29, 2011
Can't you just show your ST when asked and then claim ignorance when they tell you travel levy isn't included for this one game, seems like an honest mistake?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here